how do you prove to a JW that they they were wrong about 1975?I

by paybacktime19 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

I need written proof in their own publications .

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Someone recently said that they never actually put anything concrete about it in print...

Hopefully someone will have something you can use, though.

• nelly136
  • oompa
    oompa

i like that quotes site......oompa

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

It is difficult. If they were in in '75, and still in, They claim the light is getting brighter and nobody Knows the day or the hour. If they were in and left, you don't need to convince them as THEY KNOW! I was in and it took 30 years before I identified the false prophet, I had to draw my own conclusion as I would not have listened to you apostates.

• blondie
    blondie

Here are some taped statements by Fred Franz and Charles Sinutko about 1975.

http://www.freeminds.org/wav/wav.htm

I find that jws fall into 2 categories 1) those jws during the 1975 era from 1966 to 1976, and 2) those born after that time. Those adult and alive during that period were bombarded by articles, talks at assemblies, conventions, KH platform, private statements by elders, COs, DOs, GB members, Bethelites that 1975 was a done deal. After 1975, the WTS did damage control in print and stopped mentioning the date 1975 in publications. Unless a jw was the type to read more than the assigned material, they wouldn't have a clue. On top of that older jws would tell them their reinvented version. Who would want to admit they were fooled.

Case in point, I knew nothing about 1925 until the Proclaimers book came out and had no access to the Millions booklet until I found one online and printed it out. I was amazed at the foolishness of that prediction and the parallel lack of honesty when 1925 came and went. Imagine saying that Abraham, Isaac, David and others were to be resurrected to rule on earth in Jerusalem in 1925.

*** yb75 p. 146 Part 2—United States of America ***

So, as Anna MacDonald recalls: "1925 was a sad year for many brothers. Some of them were stumbled; their hopes were dashed. They had hoped to see some of the ‘ancient worthies’ [men of old like Abraham] resurrected. Instead of its being considered a ‘probability,’ they read into it that it was a ‘certainty,’ and some prepared for their own loved ones with expectancy of their resurrection

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/millions/millions.html

Based upon the argument heretofore set forth, then, that the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction, it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die.

THE JUBILEE

An understanding of the jubilee system which Jehovah inaugurated with Israel throws a great light upon the immediate future events. The Scriptures clearly show that Israel, while God dealt with them for more than eighteen centuries, was a typical people. Their law was typical, foreshadowing greater and better things to come. The Lord commanded Moses to institute the Sabbath system the year that Israel entered the land of Canaan, which was 1575 years before A. D. 1 (Leviticus 25:1-12), and that every fiftieth year should be unto them a year of jubilee. This was done on the tenth day of the seventh month, the day of atonement. "And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year and proclaim freedom throughout the land unto all the inhabitants thereof; it shall be a jubilee unto you and ye shall return every man unto his possessions and ye shall return every man unto his family. Other Scriptures show that there were to be

Page 88

seventy jubilees kept. (Jeremiah 25:11; 2 Chronicles 36:17-21) A simple calculation of these jubilees brings us to this important fact: Seventy jubilees of fifty years each would be a total of 3500 years. That period of time beginning 1575 before A. D. 1 of necessity would end in the fall of the year 1925, at which time the type ends and the great antitype must begin. What, then, should we expect to take place? In the type there must be a full restoration; therefore the great antitype must mark the beginning of restoration of all things. The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life; and since other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favor, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth.
    Messiah's kingdom once established, Jesus and his glorified church constituting the great Messiah, shall minister the blessings to the people they have so long desired and hoped for and prayed might come. And when that time comes, there will be peace and not war, as the prophet beautifully states: "In the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above

Page 89

the hills; and people shall flow unto it. And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks; nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid; for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it." -Micah 4:1-4.

EARTHLY RULERS

As we have heretofore stated, the great jubilee cycle is due to begin in 1925. At that time the earthly phase of the kingdom shall be recognized. The Apostle Paul in the eleventh chapter of Hebrews names a long list of faithful men who died before the crucifixion of the Lord and before the beginning of the selection of the church. These can never be a part of the heavenly class; they had no heavenly hopes; but God has in store something good for them. They are to be resurrected as perfect men and constitute the princes or rulers in the earth, according to his promise. (Psalm 45:16; Isaiah 32:1; Matthew 8:11) Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham,

Page 90

Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews chapter eleven, to the condition of human perfection.

http://www.seanet.com/~raines/millions.html

My favorite quote on the 1925 prophecy is from an advertisement for the Millions booklet that appeared on the back page of several Golden Age magazines:

Do these things appeal to you? Unending human life; perpetual health;... no more fear of the landlord, the doctor, the sheriff, the employer, of evil men and angels, of vicious animals, of dependent old age; no more blindness, lameness, deafness, dumbness; no more bald heads, glass eyes, false teeth, or wooden legs; no more sickness, disease, or pestilence; no more ignorance or superstition; no more sorrow; no more tears!

No, we are not trifling: these things and more are absolutely sure, because promised by the Word of God. The world has already ended,... earth's times of restitution, its springtime, begins to count in 1926.

When that times comes, all the above blessings will not come instantaneously, but will come speedily on those who live through the next five or six years of trouble. [5]

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

To me the important thing isn't that they were wrong. It's that they now LIE about ever having said it. This is more important because they claim TRUTH is core to their religion.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The only thing I've had any luck showing a believing Witness is the door.

The best thing a Witness can change is their zip code.

• blondie
    blondie

Very good, Gary!

• VM44
    VM44

There was the Awake! article from the mid 1960's in which it is clearly stated that it was a FACT that this old system would be gone before a young person could finish college and have a career.

Does someone have the exact date of the issue that said that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit