Update on my Kasey dog and her surgery....

by FreedomFrog 9 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Well, as you know, I was upset yesterday because I got the news that my Kasey had a tumor on her leg that had grown to a huge size and the Vet was convinced it was cancerous since it was growing so fast.

Good news and great news...

She went through the surgery just fine and they were able to remove the complete tumor (about the size of 3-4 baseballs combined going around her to the inside of her leg). Back in April, it was only about the size of 1 baseball but grew so quickly that if she hadn't had the surgery it could have broken open and the only thing they could have done at that time was put her down. They were able to remove every bit of it which yesterday they were in doubt because they thought it was in the muscle too much and would only be able to remove 3/4 of it.

Anyway, the best news, after they examined it the have a strong feeling that it was not cancerous and was just a tumor. Thank goodness...of course they can't say for certain since I opt out of them doing a biopsy (lack of money)...but at least they feel comfortable saying they really don't think it's cancerous.

Looks like I'm going to have Kasey for much longer than what they first thought. Yesterday they gave me 6 mo. - year but now it can be much longer...YAY!

I get to pick her up tomorrow morning. The kids are excited too. Sierra keeps saying "Kasey's boo-boo is better". Even though the "boo-boo" is better, there is going to be a different kind of "boo-boo" and I'm wondering what she will say when she sees it...I'm sure she'll ask my why Kasey's still hurt. I'll just tell her at least this "boo-boo" will heal and Kasey will be back to normal soon.

I'm going to get a nice Thank You card for my vet tomorrow because of how they helped my small family out with our beloved pet. Giving me such a huge discount and letting me pay it in 3 payments has gone above and beyond of what I had expected. I'll tell you this, if they hadn't done the discount, Kasey would have been put down yesterday for lack of money. I think $200 was well worth being able to keep my baby girl for much longer.

• dinah
    dinah

Good news!!!!

My baby had a cancerous tumor on his belly. We had it removed. He lived two more years. So happy to hear that your baby seems to be okay.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Well that is good news!

I don't know why, but something in my gut tells me it was benign.

BTS

• dinah
    dinah

I hope it was!!!! I love dogs. My neighbor shot mine Wednesday. Good old Southern Living.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    I don't know why, but something in my gut tells me it was benign.

I'm glad your gut was right.

They sure scared the crap out of me. Personally, I think I would have preferred them not telling me what they "thought" and just gave me a price and what the chances of the actual surgery being successful since they were unsure. Though, I guess, in their defense, they were limited not knowing until they actually did the surgery since I had to refuse a few more of their tests that would have made the diagnoses more accurate.

If I had a different vet, I may have put Kasey down too prematurely because of misdiagnose. I so appreciate my Vet that I'm sure she doesn't know. They really do care about their patients and the owners.

• Casper
    Casper

So Happy for you, your Family and of course.... Kasey...!!!!!

Sincerely,

Cas

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    I hope it was!!!!

Yeah, me too...they didn't say for certain it wasn't but I'm going to believe it is benign. They believe it, so I'll believe it because...well, just because I can't afford to do all the test they want me to do to make 100% sure and believing in something positive is what I need right now. At least I can have her for a while longer regardless.

I love dogs. My neighbor shot mine Wednesday.

I'm so sorry Dinah....people can be so cruel.

• JK666
    JK666

FF,

I am so happy everything went well with the surgery! Give her a hug for me tomorrow.

JK

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thats great news. I hope you and kasey have many more years together.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm so glad for you and your family and your sweet dog. Dinah, I'm shocked. I'm so sorry you lost your dog!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit