EMPTY KINGDOM HALL

by thebigdebate 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• thebigdebate
    thebigdebate

I have heard from my father (who is an elder about 50 years old) that there is a great seperating work going on within the org. He said that almost all of the people my age 25 to 35 have quit going to our hall (about 20 people).

I have not been to a meeting in about 1 year. And I am NOT going back !!

Our KH would have about 125 people for sunday - 100 for Thursday in attendance. I drove by the KH tonight and I estimate that there were about half the amount of cars in the lot compaired to a year ago. Attendace about 60 people?

I have seen several people on this site talk about large amounts of people leaving the org, I am starting to think that it is very real.

How has meeting attendance in your area's been going - UP or DOWN?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board! It is not suprising to hear that. There has been about zero growth in very recent years.

• thebigdebate
    thebigdebate

Here is a funny point. I have not gone out in service in about 9 years (I used to be a regular Pioneer 1000 hours per year) but I am still a active publisher because my father in law is the service overseer and he dont like when my wife and I dont have any time so he said that I can count the time that I talk to my kids. He puts me down for 2 hours every month so HE DONT LOOK BAD. I have not gone out in 9 years !!! but that is not what the records show. I wonder how many other elders do this for there kids that dont go anymore?

• asilentone
    asilentone

It does not sound right.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

...is a good thing....

Snakes ()

Ps....WELCOME TO THE BOARD TBD....

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Welcome!

I have not been to a meeting in years, so I don't know what the current trend is. There are many new contributers to this board. From what I can see from this board the WT is giving the boot to the age group you speak of. What is there for them at the Halls? Nothing practical or encouraging. It's just the same old soup served up time after time.

• yknot
    yknot

alt....to JWD !!!

Thanks for posting such encouraging news !!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

according to my JW friend, there are about 40-45 people at the meetings at the KH...............down from nearly 100 when we were there 12 years ago.

Other congregations are merging, due to low attendance.

She also says there are very few young people staying with it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like them totally empty--zero meeting attendance.

As for my former congregation, I have not been since 2005 (and I refuse to go back lest I be recaptured and not be able to bust back out). The hall had two congregations, and the one I used to go to was rebounding when I left. The other one was going through some rather serious contraction, however. I hope they all go right down to zero.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

In L.A. there are many congregations merging

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit