info request on recent stupidity in print

by Not Feeling It 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

hi all, I'll be spending time with some JWs for a few days. WT topics inevitably arise. to be prepared I'd like to go through the past 6 months of kool-aid & sanitized magazines for any extra looney stuff. (dont ask about the rags. my MIL dropped off half a year's supply.) ..... anyway any information would be appreciated so I can find salient points without melting my brain or wasting my day looking for a diamond in a sewage line. ..... thanks! --- Not Reading It

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Look up the threads that Blondie posts every week on the study articles.
    That should help you to know what's in there.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Not too very long ago, the WTB&TS clarified an understanding about the difference between the anointed and the great great of un-anointed hangers-on. In brief, they said that the ANOINTED have NO MORE of Jehovah's Magic Spiritâ„¢ than any member of the great crowd.

Consider the ramifications of this. The WTB&TS has always taught that there were two classes. It used to be a requirement that any brother (no girls allowed!) who was invited to be a member of the Governing Body had to be of the anointed. They're loosening up on that.

But if the GB has no more of the Magic Spirit than Joe "ten hours a month" Hovah, WHY should the great crowd feel compelled to follow them.

It's as if an airplane captain came on the on board PA system and said, "We are now flying at an altitude of 1, 914 feet. By the way, folks, none of us up here are any more qualified to fly this crate than any of you."

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Check out this thread on "invisible growth": http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/160450/1.ashx

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I think one of the biggest changes in the last six months is the Feb 15, 2008 Wt article that redefines "the generation" which will not pass away, from Matthew 24.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/153632/2809772/post.ashx#2809772

There are a lot more discussions than the link. But it's quick and short and gives you the idea.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

thanks! i'll give those suggestions a shot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit