WOW! IT'S MY 6TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY HERE.....

by Mary 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I can't believe 6 years have gone by. Geeze, I figured I'd be in the New Cistern of Tings by now.......

• BFD
    BFD

I am glad you are not in a cistern and are still with us. When I started lurking here I used to look up your posts to see what the latest thing was you had written. You, Blondie, Terry, Gumby , Outlaw, Warlock and of course Mouthy. Boy, things here were so different even a year ago, I can't imagine what it must have been like 6 years ago.

Glad you stuck around.

BFD

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Happy JWD Anniversary!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Happy anniversary, Mary.

Your posts have fresh takes and good humor. I always read them when I see them. I hope you can keep churning them out!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Happy Anniversary!!!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Let me be one of the first to congratulate you, Mary!

I hereby congratulate you on the basis of:

1. Longevity. You are person unafraid of taking risks and we are all the richer and more enlightened for it.
    2. Your talent for research and writing and fearlessness in presenting the results.
    3. Your devotion to accuracy and honesty but not at the expense of an irreverent sense humor (the only kind worth having. Kidding!)

Etc., etc. You get the idea!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

well done, Mary! We're glad you're here.

• Mary
    Mary

I'll assume you're referring to my contributions for the "Fun With Covers"......I tried seeing if there were any new ones up on youtube, but I get the Borganization bitched about it, so Wasanelder had to take them down.

Damn----all that hard work fer nuttin!!!

It's been very enlightening on here......When I first started to post, I was still going to the meetings (but trying to do a very slow Fade). When I debated over a certain topic, I realized how little I knew about debating outside the box. So if anything, posting on here has, I feel, helped me alot with expressing my views with at least something to back up my claims. It also gave me enough confidence to enroll in an Undergrad program which I find very enlightening. It's only now, 6 years later when I read the articles churned out by Crooklyn, that I realize why they have such a problem with "higher education"------Because anyone who's ever attended university could quickly spot that their reasonings, rationalization and double-speak, are the work of a not-very-intelligent group of men.

I took two sections of my project that I'm working on, over to some ex-Dubs house the other night. I took them the sections on "blood" and "smoking", just to get their input. They were stunned when they saw the tax information about Philip Morris and were quite impressed with what I had written on blood......I can't wait to finish the whole thing off.

Then I'm taking Mouthy's advise and send my time in to Bethel.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Happy Anniversary, Sweetie Mary!!!

Love,
    Baba

• mouthy
    mouthy

Congratulations Mary...I havent known you that long have I??? When did we first met, & how did we meet? Old age & Alzhemirs I cant remember but I am so blessed to have known you (((((HUGS)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit