WONDER WHAT SCANDALS MIGHT BE UPCOMING AMONG JWS?

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Maybe the next big scandal will come about from a major change in doctrine [or rather, in their process of indoctrination]. I imagine that there could be lawsuits if the Witness organization changes its policy on blood transfusions, if they make it totally a matter of personal choice, for example. As I know, the Witness policy in regard to transfusions is already different in Bulgaria. What if that knowledge were to become widespread? I wonder how the organization is now able to explain the discreprency. Why should it be a question of living, or not living, in Bulgaria? What if [God forbid] a tourist visiting the U.S, from Bulgaria were to find him/herself in the position of requiring a blood transfusion? Is the Witness position going to be: "It's too bad, you should have stayed in Bulgaria, you could have had a transfusion if you had stayed there. But, since you are now in the U.S., you can't have one."?

The organization could also face a scandal if they change the "144,000 - as - a - literal - number" doctrine.

Then again, they have offered at least two definitions of the word "generation" in the past fifteen years or so. Perhaps the rank and file are now used to doctrinal changes.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Ruining people's lives--apart from the pedophiles and blood issues, they ruin everyone's life that joins.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

A Youtube video showing Ted Jaracz, the Pope, and the UN Secretary-General having a threesome.

W

• parakeet
    parakeet

The very existence of the WTS is scandalous. It's history has been nothing but one scandal after another. It's left countless people dead or damaged in its wake.

• compound complex
    compound complex

the mind boggles it is very difficult to understand or imagine. The mind boggles at the thought of what you could do with all that money. See also: boggle, mind

Cambridge Dictionary of American Idioms © Cambridge University Press 2003

to be overwhelmed: the mind boggles at the amount of research yet to be done.

WEBSTER'S NEW COLLEGIATE DICTIONARY, 1977

Dear Rap and Bad,

I hope this helps. In writing and professional cinematic productions I have generally heard "the mind boggles," in the sense of the mind BEING (intransitive sense) overwhelmed. Perhaps "it boggles the mind" has become standard?

Qu'y pensez-vous?

CoCo

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Dear Badboy and CoCo - With my cheeks reddened by embarassment bordering on shame, I am forced to admit that I was wrong in regard to the verb boggle; it can indeed be used in an intransitive mode. So I hereby sincerly apologize to Badboy and I sincerely thank CoCo for pointing out the error of my ways. Mea culpa! Mea culpa! Mea culpa!

Alors, CoCo, je vois que vous parlez francais! I see you speak French. I happy to meet another francophone on this board. I should point out that the verb penser can be followed by one of two prepositions; it can be followed by either a or de. In both cases - penser a or penser de - the French verb can be translated as "to think of" or "to think about." But the two French verbs have entirely different usages. Penser a means "to think of" [or about] in the sense of having something or someone in mind or on one's mind. Penser de means "to think of" [or about] in the sense of having an opinion about something or someone. So, it should be: Qu'en pensez-vous. En is an adverbial pronoun used in conjunction with de; y is an adverbial pronoun used in conjunction with a.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Rapunzel!

Qu'en pensez-vous?

I had a sneaking suspicion about "de"/"en" ... (have you ever known a suspicion not to sneak?)

Je vous en remercie! La tete me tourne!

CoCo de l'Afrique du Nord

• badboy
    badboy

LET HE WHO HAS WISDOM HAVE UNDERSTANDING AS TO THE NEXT SCANDAL CONCERNING A JW(SUPPSEDLY)

• badboy
    badboy

IT WOULD CASE A SCANDAL IF A GB MEMBER GOT AN UNMARRIED SISTER PREGNANT!

• IT Support
    IT Support
    IT WOULD CASE A SCANDAL IF A GB MEMBER GOT AN UNMARRIED SISTER PREGNANT!

No, that would be a miracle!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit