Ban The Internet

by megs 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do believe they have the potential to ban just about everything except field circus, boasting sessions, reading Washtowel material, praying to their God, and daydreaming (pretending) that the washtowel is happening. As for whether or not they will make good on it remains to be seen.

Eventually, I believe that the Internet is going to be banned. That is because one can get a veritable college education online, and one can easily look up religions and philosophies online as well. A click of a mouse can lead to an apostate site (at least one poster here was heading for the official site, and the mouse slipped and landed here instead). It is a matter of time before just about any source of information that does not come from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is banned.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

They haven't banned college and they haven't banned the Internet.

They strongly discourage using either in ways that would endanger the "spirituality" of members. I seriously doubt that they will take any different stand in the future.

S4

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The WT publishing house once downplayed the use of computers all together back in the early 80's citing that they might entice evil doing

They actually quoted a scripture out the bible that said " he that shall create a tower for themselves does so without god's approval "

something to that effect. ( a tower as in computer tower ).....probaly the most stupidest thing I've read in a Awake magazine

Well low and behold a couple of years latter guess who's got their own web site up and is now distributing their catalog of literature on CDs

Hypocrites when it comes to money though $$$

• parakeet
    parakeet

Don't see how they can. Even if the WTS was successful in banning the Internet on dubs' personal computers at home, many dubs would have access during the day at work. The Internet is here to stay -- it would be like trying to ban TV. Too pervasive now. They may as well try to ban food.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit