personal rant..

by zanex 6 Replies latest jw friends

• zanex
    zanex

I received a rather pointed reminder that the CO's visit is more important than family that has been gone for a long time and is only around for a brief time...but oh NO..cant miss out on the CO visit..eventho he says the same thing every year and does the same friggin thing EVERY year...sigh...

I am trying to get past a lot of the old feelings...but I am reminded of the power that the wt has upon its followers...sigh. Some things got easier when dad died...and some things got harder...anyhow....i bet that the CO's visit is the same droll waste of gas going to the meetings with revitalized gusto or desperately wishing to be in the same car group with the CO...what a waste...but my family gets somethin out of it...

I however am doing quite good...it just pains me a bit to see two of the most important people in my life be led around by the nose by a flawed system that makes them act the way they do...nyhow...

-Z-

• PEC
    PEC

He will be gone soon and then back to normal business as usual.

Philip

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I say stay away from your own family for the same amount of time and then send an announcement that you will be coming to visit and they should rearrange everything. Include a list of what meal items you are allergic to. hehe (A girl can fantasize, can't she?)

• changeling
    changeling

Rant away darlin!

changeling :)

• zanex
    zanex

PEC: yah...he will be gone soon and things will be back to "normal" I am ok I spose with the whole thing....it just stings a bit...we have gotten so well along since i got back...but I know that those things wont ever change...least not til my family changes...but life goes on...and so do I...

Spaz: ROTFLMAO...touche' sounds like a uproariously good idea... I wonder how that would go over...(scrathing head) the df'd son using the CO's line of BS....irony...i love it, realistically tho I will most likely leave them alone til the CO is gone...lol dontcha love religious fervor?

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

OH! The CO is coming...OH! The CO is coming.....BFD!! I never quite understood why the BOE got so ruffled when he came. I mean, they were all brothers in the lord, right? Did they have something to hide? It was kinda like a spot inspection in the military. Everything had to be just so, as though it hadn't been all along? He wore his pants the same way I did. I even supplied him with some of his clothes at times, cuz I felt sorry or his taste in clothes.

Some of those Co's have long since dropped off the scene, and our families are still our families. I have known Co's that had affairs with other sisters in the congs that they serviced. I have known CO's that liked their booze. I have played golf with them and have NEVER been intimidated by ANY of them. My cousin was a substitute CO and he was the just like you and me.

Most of them are doing a job, others take it very seriously, and make each member of the cong feel like they OWE an accounting to them. So WHAT!!?? They're on their way out anyways and then you'll have a local elder feeling his oats, like he's something SPECIAL now?

Start calling them by their first name and see their response.....BROTHER?? I'm just like you my friend, just hanging in here like you.

NMG

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ...it just pains me a bit to see two of the most important people in my life be led around by the nose by a flawed system that makes them act the way they do...

Amen to that.

Glad to hear YOU are doing alright. One day, hopefully, our loved ones
    will wake up. Perhaps after the WT lawyers run to Belize with the money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit