thinking of starting a radio show

by seagrl 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• seagrl
    seagrl

hi, my name is Lori. Like many of you, i was involved with the cult of the JW's for many years, and it has taken many years to recover/.. I am a member of BlogTalkRadio, and my info page can be found here:

www.blogtalkradio.com/seagrl

I have been a guest speaker on two shows so far speaking out on the subject of cults, and in particular, JW's.

the link above will lead you to where you can hear my one hour segment..

I am presently considering hosting my own show and having variuos guest speakers to discuss on air the things we are all talking about in the forums. It will give us a voice in the public so that we can educate people about all the things we know. The shows i did were very well received. There is also an open chat room for the listeners when the show is live. Then the show gets archived where you can listen any time and refer people to it. there is no profit to be made by my doing this show execpt the satisfaction of giving our knowledge to the public.

i would appreciate it if anyone cares to listen to the show i have done and you can leave a comment on my page or where the show is archived. If anyone would be interested or know of someone who would make a great guest for me to have on air for a one hour weekly show that takes calls from listeners as well as chat, please contact me. If i feel this is something that will have enough support through networking, I will go forth with my plans to start my own show instead of just being a guest on someone else's. It would be a weekly one hour segment if it does well./

Do i have any supporters on this? I am looking for well-knowledged people as guest speakers and i am looking for people who would be interested in listening to the show and calling in with their stories and/or questions..

Scientology now has Anonymous stepping up to the plate to warn the public and expose the truth. Let us follow suit and speak out also.

hoping for support,. lori

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I bookmarked your site and will listen as soon as I have the time. I'm in as a listener and call in when appropriate.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Subscribed - thanks.

All the best with whatever you do.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Right now I am busy getting ready to leave on vacation friday, maybe when I get back I can give it a look over. Sounds like agood idea though.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to the board Seagrl!

I will try to listen to it later.

Workin' right now.

• Deidra
    Deidra

Sounds good to me! I'm down.

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

Welcome! I'll listen to your show as soon as my kids go to bed. Great idea.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm at work, but I will try to give it a listen when I get home or this weekend. When I was only a couple of years out, I appeared on a local access TV show a couple of times. It was fun to do, and may have helped get the message out.

• V
    V

PLEASE, get your facts straight before you continue interviewing. Listened to the whole thing, and frankly you are playing into JWs anti-apostate programming by telling these inaccuracies.

For example, the blood ban is still in effect, but fractions are allowed. The caller was mistaken that blood is now a conscience matter, but you didn't know that.

JWs can listen to rock and roll stations. I know elders who are ZZ Top fans. Rap is still discouraged by widely enjoyed by young JWs.

Disfellowshipped JWs can still talk to family members living at home, just not about spiritual things.

1975 was never expressly stated as the end of the world. It was a calculation that fixed the end of creation 6,000 years before. While the WT let JWs go with the rumour, they never printed that statement, like 1914, 1918 or 1925.

Donations are a huge target that you missed, district conventions and assemblies are preset with a "bill" that is forwarded directly to headquarters. This amount, usually $3000-5000 per event in the USA/Canada, is added to the actual expense. Most in attendance think it is operating expenses. This is in addition to the monthly donations coming from the congregations. For example, travelling overseers are paid by a pro-rated amount billed to each congregation based on publishers. They get a bill! Then the publishers are compelled to pay their part. Instead you actually praised JWs for not pushing contributions. You haven't been to a Service Meeting lately have you...

There are many of us working hard to get out factual, documented evidence that Jehovah's Witnesses are a mind-control cult. Don't make it easy for JWs to disregard this information war because of your errors.

• seagrl
    seagrl

I really want to thank you for pointing out what facts i missed. As i have been out of the org for over 10 years, I did the best I could with the knowledge that i had. When I heard the caller say the ban was liften about the blood issue, i was stunned. . That is why I am having a follow up show...

Would you please conside helping me? I am doing the best I can here. My next show is slated for July 7th and I would really appreciate your support and I am asking you if you can contribule to the show by calling in as a guest and helping me??????

I am doing my best and I truly am looking for any help ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit