" My was baptism not valid"?then fade?

by wobble 9 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

This is prompted by a recent thread about the change in baptism vows in 1985,my question is if someone wishes to fade, would a good method be to say "I feel my baptism was not valid and so I'm thinking of getting re-baptised, and then fade, would this not take away all "Jurisdiction" by the Congo. as you do not recognise youself as a "Jehovah's Witness" ? Would it not then be impossible to D'F' or D'A' you? I suppose they could still "mark" you (how would that work?) but what the hell i'm marked for life anyway!!!!

love to all

Wobble

• sacolton
    sacolton

If you tell them your JW baptism wasn't valid - you'll probably draw alot of attention to the elders and they'll mark you for thinking apostate ... and you'll have a hard time fading. I do believe you are right though. The 1985 baptism vows aren't in harmony to the scriptures that say to baptise "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit". For them to insert themselves into the vows just shows their intentions are to replace Jesus and the Holy Spirit with a man-made organization.

I'm DA'd, but I'm definitely getting re-baptised in a Christian church that will do it right.

Good luck!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day wobble,

From what I recall, declaring a baptism invalid, whilst not common, has been allowed in some cases - but I would not think it's a good move for anyone but the young! Leading life over many decades and then claiming an invalid baptism is , well, going to draw more attention to yourself than simply drifting off into the shadows, as it were.

BTW got your message - I'll email you later.

Cheers from downunderneath youse lot,

Ozzie

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks for your replies, I wasn't thinking so much for myself but would it not work for anyone dunked post '85?Anyway it may have only just occured to you that your Bap.was invaid so it could work???

Wobble.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

This crossed my mind yesterday as well. I don't suppose it would stop the machine doing what it wants with you anyway, but it could certainly make relatives still in, or the odd elder, think.

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks Eyes Open,

But exactly what would the Machine be able to do?? you do not acknowledge their authority because you are not a baptised member of the Borg. ......."..At the moment". ??

Wobble

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I was baptised in 1986 and I would love to declare it invalid since I was not given a choice. My mother flipped out one day one the way home from a meeting and basically told me I had to get baptised (I was 16). I was told that since I was born in, I "knew better" and I had better talk to the elders PDQ and be baptised by the next asslembly.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

They'd shun you as per usual I guess.

• yknot
    yknot

I noticed that it appears they will be addressing the 'spirit-directed' organization baptismal issue at the DC.

Saturday

11:40 Baptized "In the Name of...the Holy Spirit"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I wrote a letter at http://jwfacts.com/experiences/grundy.htm asking for an annulment of my baptism on similar reasoning to yourself. My specific argument was that my baptism was not valid as I was a minor, and was coerced by Watchtower lies. It was considered but rejected, on the basis that when I was not longer a minor I signed other legal contracts with the Watchtower society, such as when filling in the pioneer form.

I do know some people that have had their baptism annulled, such as insane people. But as you rightfully note, either way you will be shunned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit