Watchtower: End Game Strategy?

by sacolton 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• david_10
    david_10

Thank you, Jeremy C-------------------------------Your points are well-made. Nobody despises the WTS more than I do, but they're not going anywhere anytime soon. Like all corporations, the Society is faced with all kinds of challenges and setbacks, but they continue to meet the challenges, and they prosper. Look at the millions they've just spent on new printing equipment; look at the worldwide building projects; to top it off, they're even showing growth--------------------while the numbers are small, any growth at all is still growth. Nope, I can't see any reason for a deathwatch. I wish there was, but I think we need to be realistic.

David

• justhuman
    justhuman

WT is surely changing in order to face the new challenges of this era.Internet, the fast growing rate of apostates that they are active warning people regarding the WT cult, most of the Websites are negative towards WT, many books by ex-members, other ex-cult members that they have similar identity with the WT, the negative growth for bringing new members, and the fact that they are loosing many other active JW's. So to face all this challanges WT needs to shift.

I don't believe they will close the store. They will continue running their business since it is still a profitable organization. But following WT's brief history we have 2 major schismatic eras. The first was when Russell died and Judge Jo took over the operation, actually got full control acting like a dictator. As a result he had to change the name of the Bible Students since those who followed Russell kept using the name. Actually WT is schisma of the Bible Students.

Then it was the late 70's and beggining of the 80's with the failed prophesy of 1975 and the turmoir occured in the Headquarters regariding WT chronology. Most of us know what happened with Ray Franz and other prominent members of the WT.

At this momment we have 2 websides of active JW's that they are demanding a reform. In combination of the apathy that most of JW's have in our time GB will have hard time to keep the Org in one peace. The storm is aproaching and the old fools in Brooklyn they try to face the storm by ingoring it. I believe that a new turmoil will come soon leading to another schisma kind like Rutherford days.

I don't think WT will close, besides there are similar cults like the LDS and Scinetology that they are keep going, and some even much better from the WT. Maybe their "gospel" is much more attractive from the WT's or the developed better technics in recruiting members

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit