any new updates regarding "higher" education ?

by lancelink 9 Replies latest jw friends

• lancelink
    lancelink

It seems that within the last two weeks comments regarding the thought that elders and MS would be demoted if their

children went to college was pretty popular.

I mentioned this to quite a few "on the edge" witnesses who are really pro-education and they were really interested in learning more about this, or hearing it from the

platform, magazine, or CO (who just left last week.)

Has there been any new development with this idea, or could it just be a rumor ?

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

This was a very interesting thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/160313/1.ashx

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

There's a major crackdown going on right now, but it is being directed at the servant bodies by way of the CO. Don't look for anything to be announced from the platform to the r/f.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

It's not a rumor. Absolutely verified. I posted about it here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/160066/1.ashx

That thread also presents some clarifications of my original post as it goes along.

I'm not sure what "updates" you mean. The COs are discussing the outline that includes those comments when they visit the congregation.

Also the DC program, including the drama, presents anti-higher ed information.

S4

• lancelink
    lancelink

seeker4:

Thank you for the link. that answered my question and then some!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I spoke with an elder last week in Western Pennsylvania about this, and he totally denied it. Can anyone confirm that the command has been delivered to that area? Or is their local CO sugar-coating it?

• lancelink
    lancelink

I also heard an interesting comment last week.

An elders son who recently graduated from HS was offered a complete scholarship to a well known Illinois University's medical school.

He turned it down and the reason he did this was because he might have to order blood transfusions for patients,( so,, he would rather pioneer! )

After reading all the posts regarding higher education, I am beginning to understand that his parents no doubt guided him away from college, and to look toward pioneering.

The kid is very bright, but I wonder how long he will put up with this BS over the years.

What as total waste of a young mind, it sickens me to see people ( dad is an elder, mom is a pioneer) put their positions in this religion above their childrens welfare !!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Missing Link,

I'm sure various COs are putting their own spin on this, but this is definitely in the outline that the CO goes over with the BOE during his visit.

I'm in contact with an elder who resigned over this. And it is also verified that this is the same info COs are going over worldwide.

The elder you talked with may not have had his CO visit yet. I find it hard to believe that any CO would not discuss this, even if he disagreed with it.

lancelink - That sort of thing makes me angry. So many good minds going to waste in Watchtowerland. One of my greatest regrets is not encouraging my daughter to go to college. Super bright girl - and today the only of my kids still a Jdub.

S4

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I wasn't doubting you. Just whether it had hit that specific area yet.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i'm sorry, but gas at $4-5 a gallon, how many hours can a pioneer work to pay their gas bill?

if they go to college, they can break away from the $6-10/hour jobs and really pay their expenses!

Elders will lie thru theocratic warfare, the CO expressly instructs everybody not to directly tell anyone the info until it is written in the mags. people can only share the spirit of the info..... not the words

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit