CAN A JW BE A POLICE INFORMANT?

by badboy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY IDEAS?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah, as long as they don't carry a gun and don't have to Narc on another JW.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

And definitely not allow anything to come to light that would bring reproach on "mother" org

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

in fraserborough there was a bro who would check all the tax discs when he was on car park duty and them inform the police..

the reason they found out about this was because the police sent a letter to the hall asking the elders to stop him doing it.

nutter.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If he is informing on an elder/CO about pedophilia - NO

• OtisBarker
    OtisBarker

Fascinating.

Are owning firearms discouraged amongst JWs?

I did not know that.

Otis

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yes, handguns especially. Hunting was allowed, but wasn't really encouraged, so some JW's had rifles and shotguns.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Seems to me that Dubs are hard-wired to be informants. The feeling of being self-important would probably overwhelm any desire to protect the Borg. (Certainly, the desire to be self-important overwhelms their desire to protect their families.)

StAnn

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

There was a brother in the congregation where I used to go, He was a police officer and he carried a gun. He couldn't be used in the congregation but he said he was too close to retirement to lose his job. He retired several years ago and is an Elder now.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit