Witnesses on the train

by Simon 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

They are having their DC here in Calgary at the Pengrowth Saddledome so this morning the LRT Train was full of them.

What a spectacle.

Guys in ill-filling suits (on a roasting hot day) and 22 year old women dressed like they are 42, all with their silly name badges and yapping on loudly (much louder than anyone else ever talks to each other on the train - I guess they have to be conspicuous eh?)

Little did they know that sat just feet away from them was an evil Apostate ... ooooh.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Maybe Simon you should have gotten close to them and said out loudly " I smell bullshit, does anyone else here smell bullshit ? "

• brinjen
    brinjen

Simon, you should have a copy of CoC with you to read the next time you take the train.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Now thats what you call an "opportunity to witness" :oP

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Little did they know that sat just feet away from them was an evil Apostate ... ooooh.

The most eveeeel of them all!

You coulda got a mention for yourself on the announcements by handing out links to this website!

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I remember getting on a train in London near Twickenham during the assembly period and finding myself in a carriage full of JW's. It was the first time since leaving that I had encountered a group of witnesses en-mass - it took me by surprise. I wanted to stand up in front of everyone and say "Its all Lies" but I couldn't do it, I just sat there rigid just watching everyone intensely. The whole scene seemed so surreal with clean-cut 1950's throwbacks caged in a dirty, graffitied train carriage travelling through some dirty urban jungle. It was an event that really made me doubt myself and what the alternative to being a JW offered. I ended up in tears in front of all these witnesses (Pitiful I know, but it was just one of those moments) with them all looking on wondering what was up. I'm a lot more sure of myself nowadays.

• llbh
    llbh
    and 22 year old women dressed like they are 42,

Isn't that sad. Mind you i see women of all ages dreesing much better these days

David

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"and 22 year old women dressed like they are 42,

Isn't that sad. Mind you i see women of all ages dreesing much better these days"

42 is the new 22 you know.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I would never have recognized CoC when I was in.

I would have thought it was one of those college psychology books.

I wonder how many JW's today would recognize Ray's books at a glance at the title.

I'll bet not many would.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Peppermint - can understand the crying in the midst of all those Witnesses. If I happen to see a group out on the ministry it reminds me of my situation, and I also feel sad for them as they are misled. I seem to have got to a stage where it doesn't bother me too much, though.

White Dove - nah, not many at all would recognise the book if the extent of my bubble was anything to go by.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit