Sister dies (?) at DC

by DoomVoyager 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

You would think that after they took her away in the wheelchair someone could have at least said a quick: "And we sure hope our dear sister will be okay, don't we ? " Maybe, even a little prayer, but no.....

After all, straight from the drama they say about the 'apostaelder' spreading "negative" views: "Scolios is saying we should help the poor and and engage in good works".Yeah, what unreasonable bastard he is ! Care for the poor and do good works, imagine that !

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway
    So they don't call 911 (or the equivalent)? So first aid is equipped to handle serious medical emergencies?

I guess it was a couple of years ago that they announced that no one was supposed to call 911.Instead, if you see an emergency, you're supposed to get ahold of first aid-- and THEY will assess the situation and decide what's to be done.Those moments wasted however may very well determine life or death, but that doesn't seem to be their main concern.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Jehovah's message is just too important to be hindered by one insignificant old woman.

• startingover
    startingover

I was witness to an old "brother" having a heart attack on stage while he was being interviewed. It was horrifying to watch the whole scene including the arrival of the paramedics who performed CPR on him right on the stage. In this situation, the speaker stopped and they eventually started playing kingdom songs.

After reading this thread however I have to wonder how it would have been handled if he hadn't been on the stage and if he wasn't an integral part of the interview.

JW's somehow have gotten into the mindset that nothing is going to stop them and what they do. I remember when our KH burned to the ground on a Saturday night and my father (he was the cong. overseer) was always so proud that a meeting was never missed because of it. I remember giving a #2 talk during that time at a roller skating rink they rented. The reason it was available was because it was wintertime and there was no heat in the building. I gave the talk with winter garb including gloves, and I remember seeing my breath as I read. But the show must go on.

However a KH fire is sure a different situation that someone dying. I'm almost surprised they didn't drag the lady away from the stage so as not to interrupt anything.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I was at a Circuit Assembly in Jersey City's Assembly Hall when an elderly man collapsed and died at the back of the first-floor auditorium. The idiot on the platform (CO or DO, I don't remember which) was put out that the hub-bub in the rear was distracting the audience from his talk. He shouted at the audience to stop making such a racket. Needless to say, when all of the facts became known, a large part of the audience was sickened by his reaction.

• carla
    carla

I understand jw's won't pray for us heathen non jw's but can't they even say a prayer for the woman and/or her family?! Appalling.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

An extra prayer, that's not in the schedule. There is so much spiritual food to dispense an prayer or any acknowledgement of a person possibly dying would destroy the continuity of the program. After all, the show must go on.

Beside that she's going to get resurected so what's the big deal!

LD

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Over the years we saw a few folks take headers down stairs etc. A few carted off by EMS. I never heard a update on condition from the podium

I wonder if they will trade speakers if God starts to strike the MF'ers down?

Rest in Peace or Get Well Soon... Nice old Sister.

Jeff

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Can you imagine what would have happened if the speaker would have acknowledged the old sister and offered a prayer. He would have been carted off the stage in a heartbeat. His "act of apostacy" against the Wt directive would have been considered a disfellowshipping offense.. and immediately.

There was a similar story on this board a while back. If I remember correctly it happened at a kh and while the paramedics were trying to revive the patient the meeting continued as if nothing happend. The paramedics were agast that such a thing would happen in a "church."

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

That's a terrible story.

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit