Watchtower "Lights" Up Their Lives

by Farkel 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The society is like a sail boat takling???? It's more like the Titanic....full of holes but just won't die!

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Reading Orwell's 1984 right now, I'm astonished they don't have a "memory hole" back by the contribution boxes where you put outdated literature... Other than a few minor variations, they seemed to have used Orwell as a blueprint. Its absolutely astonishing. I want to attend a two minutes hate now, just to study the thing.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Reading Orwell's 1984 right now, I'm astonished they don't have a "memory hole" back by the contribution boxes where you put outdated literature... Other than a few minor variations, they seemed to have used Orwell as a blueprint. Its absolutely astonishing. I want to attend a two minutes hate now, just to study the thing.

• still_in74
    still_in74

i may be wrong but I dont think the the WTS actually prints the term "light" or " new light" in the mags anymore. The WTS conductor says it, and the R&F say it in their comments, but new points arent actually called out as new light. Although i am sure they stick the scripture in their somewhere in brackets.

This phrase has become a potential nightmare for the org. as it implies "special insight" to the org & FDS yet the org has clearly said that the annointed do not have special insights anymore so than the great crowd.

I think you will see a shift away from this terms "official" use, but the CO's & DO's will not discourage their use by R&F. this way they can, in typical JW/WTS/GB fashion, have it both ways.

Good point about flocking to DA's for new light..... I wonder if any psychiatrists here can explain this phenomenon. This is so true, even us JWDers love New Light!!

thanks for the thread...............

• watson
    watson

Most witnesses need to be led (or at that time in life when they "found the truth", they needed to be led). Once we have given ourselves over to a "leadership" it's very difficult to pull away, or convince ourselves that we were wrong. Add to that the punitive treatment, broken families......yes folks, that's why we need "new light!"

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Great thoughts.

I spoke to an ex-elder the other day, he's still a believer(at least he thinks he is ).

He said the same thing himself, that in the not too distant future, most everything that they believe now will have been replaced with "new light".

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

amen, again

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The new light policies were a part of their marketing strategies for the literature and this specially guided organization, it worked well

for them whenever they had to adjust their previous goof ups and yes the gullible sheep ate it up like fresh manna right out of the oven.

totally clueless and not at all guided by God

this is the thing that they are trying to conceal very carefully, like a magician concealing his secrets, for if the notion was to be spread around that

the Borg is not divinely guided the Tower could collapse quickly and the illusion would fail.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

MOTH: Oh! Over there! Yeah, new light!

[Moth flies to light]

MOTH: Oh goodie! Huh? Whazzit? YEEEAAAHHHHHHHHRRRGGGG!

• bobld
    bobld

You are correct the wbts is false in it's reasoning.In the June 1/08 wt they ask "Does it matter how we worship God? We may ask ourselves:What kind of worship does God approve?How can I draw close to God?And what should I personally do to worship God in an acceptable way?"Jw are happy to deceive you.

You see there is nothing in those questions about Jesus,why he came, why he died for us sinners.

Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit