A Study of Comparative Religions… includes Jehovah's Witnesses

by Moxie 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Moxie
    Moxie

Greetings Friends,

This week I was approached by an anthropologist who is doing a study of comparative religions. The study is focusing on religions founded in the United States and on a broader scale - the New World. The intent is to take an in-depth look at three prominent religions founded recently in the New World: Mormons, Seventh-Day Adventists and Jehovah’s Witnesses. The goal is to discover the principle cultural motives that people have for affiliating with these organizations.

I was asked to participate in this study and was very happy to do so. I thought that I would share the survey and my own responses. If you are interested in participating, feel free to send me an email and I would be happy to put you in touch with the study’s conductor.

The survey is available on my blog at: http://exjw.wordpress.com/2008/06/19/comparative-religions-founded-in-the-new-world/

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The goal is to discover the principle cultural motives that people have for affiliating with these organizations.

My mother made me.

• mavie
    mavie

Thanks Moxie,

Comparative religion is the first thing I began to seriously study after I left the dubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit