Strange leaders in the hall?

by lancelink 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• lancelink
    lancelink

I was thinking about an MS from my hall in the early 90's.

He worked as little as possible, never made an effort to live up to the standards that the wt states are for any MS, but his brother was the service overseer, (the good old boys club

in action ) and he had some of the most amazing,weird theories!

Out in service he would tell everyone how the US government was preparing holding areas for anyone who questioned the government.

Sort of like the Japanese camps from WW 2.

Did you just see a black helicopter ?? That is one of the signs proving my story he would say.

There was a divoriced single sister (32) who married a mentally disturbed young boy at the hall (18)

She got DFed, pregnant, and divoriced all within one year,

her dad was a millionare he paid the guy something like 40,000 to leave and never come back,,,,man what a story that was!

Anyway, I was out in service once with her, and she saw a helicopter, she pulled off the road, got on the floor with her kids, started crying and babbled on about "there coming to get us now, the end is almost here.

( I was thinking more about the song from the 60's" their coming to take me away he he to the funny farm.)

Anyway, this upstanding brother gets df'ed and was totally immersed in his theories the last I heard

• parakeet
    parakeet

There were at least 4 people at my old KH that could be classified as a few fries short of a Happy Meal. I wonder if the percentage of JW schizophrenics is higher than in other religions.

• donny
    donny

We had a looney elderly lady in our hall who I believe was finally committed. I was at her home mowing her lawn when she brought be some cold water to drink and told me that the Apostle Paul was not the bald headed man as portrayed in the Society's drawings. She said he often had dinner with her on Thursday and Saturday evenings and that he had a full head of hair. Also, just so everyone knows, he was a very humble man as the clothes he had on were made by Levi's. And I had to listen to this and say "That's very interesting sister Johnson."

• OnTheWayOut
  • Babylon the Great Employee
    Babylon the Great Employee

Chicken or the egg? Does the Watchtower attract the crazies, or does the Watchtower cause the crazy? Maybe a little bit of both.

(Heh, I often say the same thing about the legal profession.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit