Great Feedback!

by Carmel 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Years ago while living in Israel I ordered Crisis of Conscious as I had been on the old H20 site prior to coming to JWD. After reading it I met a young man from Las Angeles who was from a JW family. He had left, gone to college and was a volunteer at the Baha'i Center where I was also serving. He mentioned how he would like to get a copy for his family to read thinking it would help them to give up on the cult, so I gave him my copy. We met again four years ago and I asked him how it went with his family. He said they refused to read it so he kept it and still had it. Did I want it back? I told him not to bother as postage would be too much and I had no need for it. This past Sunday afternoon I received a call from an unknown number on my cell phone and loe and behold, it was my young friend who traced me down through mutual friends. He wanted to let me know that he had the opportunity to loan the book to a collegue who he worked with. That person was an inactive JW who not only read the book but shared it with his family and at last count it had made it to Utah where another family had read it. All told, thirteen family members and friends of the two families have left the JWs! I think I got my money's worth! Sometimes seeds take a long time to sprout! carmel

• JK666
    JK666

Carmel,

Way to go!

JK

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

You better send Mr. Franc his royalties. Err wait never mind I'm sure he wrote the book to store up treasures in heaven. That's one saved mofo by now. :) The light keeps getting brighter. Bring_the_Light

• changeling
    changeling

changeling :)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

AWESOME

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

What a terrific experience!

h4o

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Ya know, we really ought to set up mega-apostafest conventions so we can have people tell their aposta-neerin' stories. I wanna see a damn Drama about a young apostates trials and tribulation as they try to share the truth' with their JayDub classmates, enduring persecution, but remaining faithful to the truth, hehe. Bring it. Bring_the_Light

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Ya know, we really ought to set up mega-apostafest conventions so we can have people tell their aposta-neerin' stories. I wanna see a damn Drama about a young apostates trials and tribulation as they try to share the truth' with their JayDub classmates, enduring persecution, but remaining faithful to the truth, hehe. Bring it. Bring_the_Light

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

wow, good for you, and especially for those who left the cult :D

the infamous one

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Carmel, I'm not too jiggy with the Bible nowadays,
    however some ancient wisdom stands up to the test of time.

Your experience reminds me of Ecclesiastes 11:1,

Cast your bread upon the waters,
    for after many days you will find it again.

(Or rather, it will find YOU!)

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit