UBM: Bringing CoC Home

by TheListener 15 Replies latest jw friends

• OtisBarker
    OtisBarker

Gary Buss, good.

Otis

• TheListener
    TheListener

Gary, your comments, as usual, strike home. That is exactly how I feel about it. However, I temper that feeling with the thought that I can somehow save my children from being raised as I was.

Because of my sacrifice my children have much much more freedom than I ever had and much more freedom than other children at the kingdom hall. I am very hopeful that my children will grow up free from enslavement to the WTBS. If they don't I will have peace of mind knowing I did everything I could to protect them.

I did make the decision a long time ago that if my wife would accept me as a non-witness I would accept her as a witness. She does and so do I.

That being said, I would love it if she woke up and we could both laugh about the insane WT rules and regulations and all of the numerology used. Maybe one day.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I'm a (never JW) UBM and I guess I can't speak from a JW standpoint...but I would think it can't be much worse than what you've done already in her eyes, can it?
    I would say the risk is worth the potential gain. Yet, I don't know your assessment of the potential loss--She's PO'd for a while? She'd leave you? That would be pretty extreme..

Perhaps you can prime her for it by showing how other groups forbid literature by former members. I might be able to help you out there ;)

• jgnat
    jgnat

TheListener, as long as I've known you, you've had a fine sense of timing. I say go for it.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Thanks Jgnat.

You know I never once got a W on timing! I was always the guy who had to cut his service meeting part by half in order for the meeting to end on time.

If I do this I will wait until after the DC. That way my action won't become a cause of anxiety during the convention and thus become a topic of discussion.

MJ, thanks. You have always been a great help to me. You know that I've laid quite a bit of groundwork regarding the scientologists. The latest stuff with that website (wikileak?) putting up secret documents may be just the thing I can use to bring the subject up.

• John Doe
    John Doe

If it were me, I'd buy the book and leave it laying out. I think most wives would read at least a bit to know what their husband is thinking about--horse and water and all that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit