Did You Ever "Rat" Anyone Out To The Elders?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

NO.....I might have spoken to them personally about my concerns over their drunk, cocaine snorting, pot smoking, whoring around lifestyle. I might of spoken to them about the root of these actions but I never felt the need to tattle to the Elders because it would do more harm then good. Praying, going to meetings, & FS participation doesn't work as effective as rehab and therapy via a school guidance counselors insistence.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Yes, to keep my jw husband from killing me. They didn't care.

• MominAustin
    MominAustin

yup- I was a freshman in HS and an on again/off again friend of mine said the "F" word when we were "off". The elders said that since no one else heard it (except wordly people) he couldn't even TALK to her.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Nope, never did! I was pressured many times to rat on people by various elders, and got in trouble myself for telling the elders that whatever so-and-so may be doing, it certainly wasn't ANY of my business. I got stern talking-to's because of my "sin enabling" attitude. I reminded them that even IF I saw something, and even IF I came to them, they couldn't act on it BECAUSE I'm only 1 person and it takes 2 witnesses to confirm the alleged offense. Assholes. The elders AND the rats.

• minimus
    minimus

The spy system is very much alive and kicking in the local Halls.

• blondie
    blondie

And jws don't even have to tell the truth or have any facts; you are presumed guilty and have to prove your innocence. Actually, the gossip mill runs rampant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit