I FEEL SO USED

by Serena 50 Replies latest social relationships

• Serena
    Serena

I have been "fooling around" with brother charlie for a couple months. Going to his apartment and spending the night with him. I am so in love with him, I would do anything for him, anything at all. I have never felt this way about anyone before in my life. But he has totally broken my heart. He told me that he couldn't do this anymore, that he has a responsibility to his brothers and sisters and what we've been doing is wrong, blah, blah, blah...I gave all of myself to him, because I thought he cared. I don't know if he ever cared, or if I was just a warm body. He says we can still be friends, but nothing more. I have never felt so used in my life. This isn't the first time he's told me that, he always seemed to call me up in the middle of the night and ask me to come over, stupid me--I can't say no, so I go over, and we have sex. He is really making me crazy, I am so hurt, but if he called me tonight, I would be there in a heartbeat. I don't know what to do. He is really messing with my mind. I would give up everything for him.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Hey, hang in there. He is taking advantage of you, even if he thinks he's just sharing some intimacy with a beautiful woman that feels the same way when obviously it means more to you. You do deserve more than that, but he's selfish and not taking into account (or just doesn't care) that he is putting your mental and emotional health in jeopardy.
    Try to get out of this relationship before it really damages your self esteem. No man is worth that. If he's ever going to be the man of your life he'll do what he has to do to get you back. If not, oh well. You can find a lot better, just look at some of the sweethearts on this board. There are mature men out there, don't settle for a man that is pulling your strings like this. Don't make it so easy for him to ignore your needs. You're fulfilling his, but what about yours?

I've had recent experience and the pain is enormous and overwhelming. I hope you can get out of it and get over it soon. The pain goes away when you make the break and have some sort of closure. You're stronger than you think and better things (relationships) cannot happen until you dump this bozo.

Anne

• Farkel
    Farkel

Serena,

: I don't know what to do.

Send him to straight to hell. He's a selfish, manipulative, people-using dirtbag.

Trust me on this.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry to hear you were let down like this Serena. Hope things work out whatever you decide to do.

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Serena, listen to me.

No, I mean it. Listen to me.

Carefully.

No matter how bad you are feeling right now, no matter how much in love you are, no matter anything (I mean anything), you absolutely must stop what you're doing and never, ever look back at this "person." Absorb all of the agony, endure it, no matter how unbearable it may seem right now. Ache, wail, scream, pound your fists in your bedroom, but do not continue with this, this ...person. Gut it out like a junkie in re-hab. Why? Because the pain you are feeling now is pure ecstatic bliss compared to that you are going to experience in the future if you disregard what I'm saying.

I know things you have not learned yet. Things I hope you never learn firsthand. And you won't have to if you will listen to me now. Ignore any and all advice that does not tell you this very same thing. I mean it.

My email is accessible. Take care of yourself, sweetie.

-AMNESIAN

• Andee
    Andee
    I would give up everything for him

Serena,

I do not say this lightly. He's a creep and you need to lose him, ok?
    Now, in light of what you wrote, I think you had better find a good therapist, pronto!

I wouldn't even give up everything for my spouse. Nor him for me. And because you are willing to do that, doesn't make it love. In fact, you have an obsession and if you want to avoid being buried in an abyss of despair, I suggest you start asking for some referrals to experienced therapists that have skill and knowledge in this area.

Take care,

Andee

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Serena,this guys a player and he`s playing everybody,you his religion and probably anyone else he comes into contact with.Dump the LOSER!!!...OUTLAW

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

serena, first of all some ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) to you.

i know you feel horrible right now but like the others have said, LOSE this guy. he is not doing anything for you. even if you "get" him in the end it will end up badly. i know, for this happened to me. i was obsessed with this guy. i'd do anything for him. come over to his place at the drop of a hat, cancel plans for him, anything just to be with him! i was in love with him after two weeks, i even told him this. he made me cry, lots. but finally in the end, i "got" him. then guess what? i hated it. i started to resent him. and he continued to treat me like shit. i put up with this for five years. when i started to stand up for myself, shit hit the fan. he was not happy that i finally got a backbone. i resented him even more. finally i was able to say "i made a mistake" you know what my mistake was? i mistook my obsession, my need, my desire to be with someone, anyone as love. and you know what? it cost me five years of my life that i put up with his shit, his snide digs at me, his continual blows to my self-esteem, my confidence.

no one can tell you what to do, for it is your life. but please listen to what people here are telling you. LEAVE THIS GUY. he is not worth it! you are beautiful and smart and do not deserve a guy like this. i wish i had listened to my friends........

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Hey Serena, as a former 'player' myself I know that all this guy wants is your body. He has gotten tired of sex with you so it's time for you to go. Don't ever go back to him. There is a reason God has ordained sex in the context of marriage and unfortunately you are reaping one of the consequences of this. I hope the best for you :)

Penn

Mohammed- 'My teachings lead to the attainment of truth'
    Buddha- 'The truth has been revealed to me'
    Jesus- 'I am the truth'

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Harmony,

Just a note, Serena and I seem to have very similar names. You said Sirona, so I just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks
    Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit