In the Neighborhood (Graphic) Warning**

by Sparkplug 14 Replies latest social current

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

My daughter got to go tonight with her friend out. One of the first times since she has been back home so I was very nervous. Anyhow, she called home. Once, twice and was very attentive. She had heard a story/news clip that happened in the neighborhood and was very sick about it. I think it made her understand a bit more what I am so worried about and that it is not on the other side of the world that these things happen. She seems really upset by this and the girl in this clip according to my daughter has a face that just looks like she was deep.

Funny thing is my brother had called today and asked me if the event in town had scared my daughter straight (on a voice mail) I did not know what he was talking about, and did not get back to him. Now I do. Oddly enough, she got it from even a better source, someone that is not just another authority figure in her life giving a lecture. I thinkit hit home a little.

Here is the link, but I warn you, it is very graphic in detail.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa080616_wz_richardsonmurder.c4d863c.html

Poor child, did not even stand a chance.

May her family find some comfort somehow. I cry for them.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dear gods.

Hon, thank the gods your Sweetie is home... and... thank heavens she came home before this happened, or you would been even more worried (if that's possible.)

Hugs to you and yours...

...and love and strength to the departed girl's loved ones. I hope she has found the peace and joy she did not know in this life.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

good gawd. beyond sick.

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

Can't look due to content management but I can only imagine what it is about. There are some real monsters around and as you say, if it doesn't come from an authority figure, perhaps it will be a lesson better learnt. I also hope that your daughter appreciates who she has looking over her and how much she is loved.

We have had a bad case here where an 18 yo was attacked in her home - remakably she lived but she lost all memory of her life before the attack to the point of having to learn to speak. Her rehab has taken over 2 years.

What is frightening about this is that one doesn't have to be doing anything untoward to have one's life totally wrecked.

h9k

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Baba, Six and Hal9000~ It just made me hug them close tonight. Just hug them close. I cannot even wrap my mind around it. I bet when they are clean.... They won't be able to either. That is what is messed up about it all.

There are monsters out there. They look like you and I. They are there all the same. Just catch it on the wrong day. You know? I keep telling her. Everyone keeps telling her. Maybe these kids around here for a few days will possibly wake up a bit. I don't want this to be what it takes. But hopefully, they will at least for a while think a bit safer. You never know.

• amicus
    amicus

Sick, but not new.

We parents should always teach our kids that they need to be smart, cautious and self-reliant. Some self-defense classes aren't too bad of an idea either.

My mom was afraid of everything, my dad feared nothing...talk about ying-yang. Kids can learn to box while praying on rosary beads...promise!

I really don't think humans have become more/less evil. I think we just have a lot of information at our disposal. Shouldn't that make us kinder though?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I couldn't read it. Just the headline was really terrible. I am glad it scares your daughter - I wonder how young people live to grow up sometimes. They are fearless because they don't know any better. And then alcohol and drugs make any situation more dangerous. Makes me think of that poor girl in Aruba. She was doing some serious drinking for the first time in her life and got in a car with three young men she didn't know. Frightening!

• free2think
    free2think

What a sad story, im glad it had positive effect on your daughter though.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i don't want to look at this sick stuff. can someone just describe it for me?

• flipper
    flipper

SPARKPLUG- That is so sad and horrific ! I truly hope your daughter stays close to you and listens to mom's good, protective advice in the future. My son and his girlfriend are going to travel in a travel trailer for the first time out of country this summer, they are 23 and almost 22, I told them to be careful about trusting strangers,and be careful who you get close to ! That I loved them both- and don't want them to become a statistic ! All parents- take heed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit