Inspirational and Positive Thoughts

by LearningToFly 12 Replies latest jw friends

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

http://www.thesecret.tv/optimists-creed/

I Promise Myself

To be strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet.

To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet.

To give so much to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.

To be to large for worry, to noble for anger, to strong for fear, and to happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words, but in great deeds.

To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.

Christian D. Larson

• JK666
    JK666

LTF,

I needed that positive energy, thank you for posting it.

JK

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

JK666, I am really pleased you found the words positive and helpful.. there is so much negativity in the world.. but if we look for it and want it, we will see the positive as well!

It's really about changing how we think!

LTF

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.

i like that line. it's important we keep ourselves positive, but sometimes we forget that we need to build others up as well.

Morph

• Casper
    Casper

LTF,

Nice post.... Thanks for sharing.

It's really about changing how we think!

I agree with your statement above, sometimes the negative is just in our own minds....and if we try hard enough, we can put a positive spin on some things.

My saying that gets me thru the day is... "Be Grateful",

If we would just stop and be grateful for what we actually have, instead of what we don't have... sometimes we find we are richer than we thought.

Cas

• ataloa
    ataloa

Great post, ltf.

I agree, Casper. Learning to be grateful can start to change your life.

The last couple of days I've been hoping someone would start a positive thread. Must be that law-of-attraction thing. I'm going to go to bed now and end up on a good note.

• Casper
    Casper

I agree, Casper. Learning to be grateful can start to change your life.

The last couple of days I've been hoping someone would start a positive thread

Thanks Ataloa,

Yes, we all are in need of some positive thoughts....

Cas

• snowbird
    snowbird

Just what I need. Thank you, LTF.

Sylvia

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Thanks. :)

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Thank you Metamorphosis, Casper, Ataloa, Snowbird JK666, and Eyes Open: I am happy that the words touched you and were useful.

I found the words truly inspiring, thought provoking and helpful in living life day to day. Practicing this on a day to day basis is still a work in progress for me, but something I continue to work on and move forward with.

LTF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit