JW Sex Offender found in Kingdom Hall bathroom...

by mavie 11 Replies latest social current

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Reading between the lines, I think the elder may have told him he needed to report himself or the elder would do it for him. I HOPE.

Sex offenders' 'official' supervision by the state is usually a weekly or less than weekly visit to their probation/parole officer. They either go into the office and/or are visited at their residence. It is pretty worthless other than if they don't show up they are busted and lose their freedom.

The supervision that happens in the hall-is probably as good as the security in my office. Yesterday a guy opened the keyed entrance for me(like a gentleman and totally against the rules) saying, he figured I must work for the business and I "looked pretty harmless".

That is pretty much crap for security. We have key cards-but they are useless if no one respects the rules of use. Just like elder supervision is if they don't.

Again, I hope/think that even the WTS is going to improve in some ways regarding this issue.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Even if the elder did turn the guy in, I'm thinking the only reason he did was because the guy was on probation with the court system. Can you imagine the fallout if this guy molested again in the congregation, and the kid spoke up to the police? No, I don't believe the WTB&TS has changed their evil stance on protecting pedophiles. About a month ago I spoke to a ms who said his elder father was told that he was on his own when he went to the police about reported abuse.

Until I hear about a massive number of jws talking about all of the pedophiles being exposed to the congregations, I won't believe that their policies have changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit