playing along with the disfellowshipped game

by milligal 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• oompa
    oompa

hahaha...Salco...oh those damn troublesome titties!!!!

My poor old used to be brudda in law was booted at 16 and that was 40 years ago...his family with 4 siblings all shunned him....totally....he left home right away....so nospeaka2youa........funerals only. He is a great guy and made a great life in another state...but he killed me with this little fact of his life....

When he made new friends through life....and this is to me so sad....he told them he was an orphan. He said it was just to weird to keep trying to explain the freakin weirdness of his cult family. Thank you WT for actually treating him like he was dead.....so he went with it..........oompa

• megawatt
    megawatt

^OMG... Can't imagine going through such bullshit and finding it easier to simply let go claim you're an orphan. How many more families shall be torn apart by these ridiculous rules????

• milligal
    milligal

That's the thing-especially when you're raised JW it seems like part of your psyche. You simply accept this is the way things are just like the sky is blue- a fact of life. Then once you break away, it takes this whole process to undo. When kids are involved it's even more challenging because you have to face the df'ing issue everytime your child does-after every meeting, every parenting visit, every assembly....that's why it's such an accomplishment for those who have decided not to accept those rules any longer...

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I HATE, HATE, HATE the staring. They look at me like I'm diseased or something because I have a beard now. The other day I was eating lunch on my break from work in the food court, and I happened to see an old "family friend" and her son and his wife. They all TURNED TO LOOK at me as I found my seat, sat down and ate my lunch. I smiled and waved at them, then they looked away. Everytime I looked up I noticed them looking at me, just ridiculous.

I rode the bus this morning, and sometimes a witness is on there, he knows me, because we went to the same hall for a while. He won't even look my direction. My favorite though is those on the street corners in downtown, they just stand there with magazines out. Totally pathetic excuse for field circus if you ask me. I told all my family if they see me out in public, they better say hi, or else I will cause a huge scene for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit