Firefox 3

by El Kabong 27 Replies latest jw friends

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Tex - for me I like the add-ons you can get with Firefox, it liberates you from IE's ActiveX and it's roots into your OS, and I personally like the layout better than IE.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open
    What is the advantage and/or benefit to Firefox over IE7? I downloaded it last month and I don't really see much of a difference.

A major plus for Firefox is much, much better rendering of CSS. This means it's better equipped to display web pages correctly. It's multi-platform so you can use it on a variety of computers and use freely-available addons to synchronise bookmarks between installations (I use one called FoxMarks) and many other things. Also, IE has a history of security vulnerabilities.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida
    Thanks vivalavida, but it says it's for older versions of Firefox - not 3?

Eyes Open,

Sorry, Xinha Here! was incompatible two days ago. However, the developers already issued an update, version 0.13 which is compatible with FF3.0, it can be downloaded here.

On the Mozilla Add-ons page they only have 0.10.

I hope it works for you this time. I am posting with it right now with Firefox 3.0 in Linux.

Vivalavida

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

it's faster.

i hate the new address bar, and it still uses up too much memory for my liking.

other than that, i like it. it continues to be my main browser.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

If this works Xinha is cool!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open
    However, the developers already issued an update, version 0.13 which is compatible with FF3.0, it can be downloaded here .

Thanks very much - it seems to be working fine. This will be most useful for creating paragraphs and lists etc. in FF.

How would one go about creating a div with a specific class without resorting to the html view? This would allow me to mark comments as quotes. Perhaps there is a plugin I could use - will have to have a look.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused
    This is a test of html formating
  • Legolas
    Legolas
    I don't like the titles in the search bar when you are calling up old URLs, but I will get used to it.

It is faster.

Here is an addon that gives you the old address bar look again called "Oldbar".

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6227

What I hate about it is that I lost the ability to download movies with Real Player, but hopefully they will fix the problem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit