Re- registered to vote

by Quester55 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Quester55
    Quester55

I can no longer be among the ranks of the whining, complaining and naysayers who do not vote in our national elections. What individuals choose to do according to free will is their own business. I heard soeting somewhere that has continued to prick my consciense for a long time. " As long as good people continue to remain inactive, evil will florish" So if I have it within the power of my hand to by my vote to stop evil, and I don't do so, aren't I also guilty? Musn't I try to do all I can to alleivate suffering in whatever way possible, even if that means voting? I am totally disillusioned with JW world.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Quester!

Thanks for the reminder and Welcome to JWD!!

I registered to vote online a month or so ago but still need to return the card that the registration office sent to me.

I'd better get that turned in soon so I can vote - for the very first time in my life!!

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• shamus100
    shamus100

Jehover is going to look after everything. Don't be silly - you don't need to vote.

Oh Jeeehooooovvver? Jeeehoooover/////// we're WAITING!!!!

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Congratulations! I remember the first time I ever voted. It felt so good, especially after being told I couldn't for all those years. And you are right. It's a civic responsibility. In a democracy it can and does make a difference. Anybody who doesn't believe that need look no further than the last seven years.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey congratulations! I voted for the first time last year, it was a great feeling.

• yknot
    yknot

I am glad to see you are getting out there and getting involved!

I too excercised my right to vote this year in a national election.....my first!

Feels Grand!

Keep posting!

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I registered to vote and short time later I was ask to run for city council. I did and won by five votes. I served on the city council for 2 years.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

If stupid old Rutherford says not to vote or have a birthday cake or do anything else, well all I can say is uncle Joe go pound sand. The only thing I can agree with him on is to have one more drink of "Old Crow".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit