Hello! Is there a list of WTS changes since 1995?

by Mr. Ted 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi Blondie!

Anything post 2001?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Anything post 2001?

Yes. It was brought out on THIS BOARD actually, that the WTS had been a member of the United Nations as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) for over ten years! Of course, they never told anyone about it. Many of us have seen all the documents. In them the WTS pledged to support the UN and the interests of the UN. The UN!! The BEAST of revelation! The WTS was in bed with them.

Within less than 2 days when that bombshell hit this board the WTS resigned their membership and the UN disfellowshipped THEM. When dubs who found out about this started asking questions, the society said they only joined so they could use the UN library for their scriptural research. It was pointed out in here that they didn't have to be an NGO to use the UN library.

People discovered why around October and November of each year the Awake! magazines would print articles saying good things about the UN, but didn't do that at any other time of the year. Well, it was in either October or November when the WTS had to renew their membership to the UN. All they had to do was whip out those Awakes! and the UN was non-the-wiser about what rank hypocrites they were. Then some ex-dubs sent the UN a whole BUNCH of WT literature which showed how much the WTS hated the UN. That was when the UN disfellowshipped those hypocrites. I doubt they will be reinstated!

As an NGO they received special UN treatment, got to use UN helicopters and other perks. I believe Don Adams was one of the dubs who signed the NGO application. Normally, this would have been an atomic bomb exposing unbelievable hypocrisy for any other religion, but I guess "Jehovah" was "blessing" his Faithful and Discreet Scum Class, because it blew over without much of a hitch.

Farkel

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi Farkel LOL

Yes I know all that

What I meant was:

Before 2001 they told everyone that the UN was "The Disgusting Thing".
    Then they got "caught" as NGO's
    They said "we weren't supporting the UN we just needed a library card"

What I was wondering was:

Since 2001 have the WT said IN PRINT "Oh and by the way - we STILL think the UN is "The Disgusting Thing" ?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Wasn't the very first involvement with the UN -< i.e. NGO >, before that 1999 quote that Blondie gave? I thought that there were actually certain Awake magazines found which took a sort of pro-UN, activisism in third world slant back in the mid 90s. Some speculated that this was to curry favors within the UN and hasten the NGO status.

If I am right, then the 1999 quote is some pretty unbelievable hypocrisy. Even if they plead that the writer himself of the "disgusting thing" article did not know about the NGO status, it still begs the question of how exactly the holy spirit is in guidance of all the things written...

Again, I still have the question: in light of this embarrassment, have they kind of banked their fires on "disgusting thing" post 2000?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit