future of the wts

by jehovahsheep 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Ray Franz and the faithful men of old will be resurected and will lead our Organization back to the real Truth, as in the Truth. But not before wrestling control of the borg through a coup. High level apostates within Bethel also known as the Promethean Ones will lead the fight. JWD will hold a special position within the new organization as the new writing department, all submissions for future WT articles will have to go through "Leolaia" and "V".

You can bet on it.

Ohhhh and CONFIRMED, there wont be a bookstudy, speaking of BS, I gotta go now and take family to read some stories out of the Revelation Book at the BS.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

smaller and more tightly controlled. There are enough JW's around who just want to follow. The power of denial can be very strong. I wouldn't be surprised if Bethel moved out of the country or into a much, much cheaper area. There are plenty of smaller cities around that would welcome a large tenant.

Oh and Armageddon is still 20-30 years away, and just around the corner

• Farkel
    Farkel

I chuckle at all of these doomsday scenarios for the WTS. In twenty years, they'll be smaller, but fine. They've twice survived two major schizms and lost 80% of their membership and survived. They are therefore experienced at it. Why do you think they are getting more and more hardline even though members are leaking out into the real world like water through a sieve?

If they again lose 80% of their membership they can count on the 20% who are braindead, or too tired, or too old the stick around no-matter-what. That will still leave them a million + worker bees. Sell off some extra Corporation property and defunct Kingdom Halls here and there, pay no taxes on the money, cut down staff and they've still got a racket going.

Of course, the other possibility that has been discussed ad nauseum is that they will go mainstream. Considering how slowly the WTS moves to change anything (unless their pocket book is in jeopardy) and considering how far out in left field they are from anything remotely resembling mainstream, it would take them two generations to make the transition.

If they wanted to go mainstream they should follow the lead of their former apocalyptic sister-cult, the World Wide Church of God. They switched from wacko to mainstream almost overnight. They made such a dramatic switch that the latest edition of the classic book "Kingdom of the Cults" has delisted them as a cult. I doubt such a swift transition is possible for the dinosaurs in Brooklyn, though.

Farkel

Farkel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The multi-billion dollar organization,the WBT$ will be even richer in 20yrs.......They may keep their Cult the Jehovah`s Witness`s..Or..Sell it to the Catholic`s...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Unfortunately there will be a large segment of the world's population who are for the most part poorly educated for many years to come.

As long as there are poorly educated people the WTS will always have membership.

20 years may be a bit too soon to mark its complete demise. However, I do predict that the average intelligence of JW members will continue to decrease, and that in 20 years it will be very difficult to find a normal person slaving for the WT.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit