The WTB&TS best defense against apostates

by Gregor 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

I had 2 nice ladies come to the door this morning. I played it very cool as long as I could, asking "dumb" questions like what ever happened to your 1914 generation teaching? etc. I knew it could only go so far and sure enough they began to smell a dirtyRatCat. So I fessed up and told them I had been in for almost 40 yrs and was an elder serving on JC fo several years and that I knew that even though they claim to have the truth they still are forbade to discuss any questions of substance about the org. which makes their claims look very weak. They stuck their Bibles into their bags and literally started backing away.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm sure they had the willys for hours. What a great conversation to take back to the car group! You've made the "do not call list" for sure.

changeling :)

• Gordy
    Gordy

You don't have to be an apostate ex-JW to have the same reaction.

A friend of mine had two JW brothers call. He started asking the same type of questions and the two JWs practically ran for it.

He asked !Whats up? Can't you defend your own beliefs."

But they were outthe gate and away down the road.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Shazoolo had a similar experience and talked about it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44r2pbQRltU

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Funny stuff if Jws were really that strong in their faith they would stand up for it in a big way.

• Robert222
    Robert222

I don't get JWs at my door. Evidently if you live in a gated community, your house can just burn and no JW will warn you. Uh, what happened to their urgent message to be heard by everyone? I've received no phone messages, nor mail.

Maybe someone can ask a JW at their door if they know their religion was founded by a MAN who based 1914 on the pyramids of Egypt.

I grew up in that cult, and they truly are hypnotized to the point where any questioning of their religion leaves them shaken and they race back to the KH as soon as possible or be destroyed by Jah himself.

• Robert7
    Robert7

The best defense against apostates is to have no lies, errors, and flip-flops to hide to begin with. Without all that, you have nothing to fear so badly to label anyone who disagrees.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

things must have changed over the decades. I remember actually studying for field service, and we had to be able to answer questions. We all had our bibles heavily annotated so we could start at the first scripture and work our way through a whole sermon. Now it seems as though JWs aren't prepared. Of course it was all garbage, but we took it seriously.

• odie67
    odie67

I've been in my area for about 2 years now. I live in a metro-type area. There is a kingdom hall down the street. I have not encountered not one JW in the mininistry. I see mormons everyday. but the Large army of JW's preaching to save mankind....NONE NADDA.

• Terry
    Terry

In the 60's, we brothers looked forward to getting some kind of rebuttal at the door to test our acumen.

The green bible had a little JW cheat-sheet outline in the back. Like a catechism; by subject.

The most fun you could get would be a Mormon. They were as well indoctrinated as the JW's and could really rope-a-dope you.

When I think back to Theo Ministry School, it seems like it was all geared toward answering objections at the door.

Has it changed that much???

You mean, door to door, Jw's actually RUN from tough questions????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit