To be a happy poster...

by CoonDawg 10 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Recenty there have been some threads about how some seem to be abusive and some may be overly sensitive. I think that it's best that we all keep in mind the difference in posters. No, not just that they are individuals or that they come from different locales, but that though we share a common experience, each of us is at a different place in our exit. Each, as has been pointed out in the past by others, comes here for something different. Some are contemplating their exit strategy, some are newly "out". Others, like myself, have been out for a number of years and are well along in learning to cope with the emotional baggage that our shared experience gave us. Others, still, are long out, but still bitter or jaded. Sometimes when two of these meet in a thread, weird stuff happens.

Just keep in mind that each person is different. Just because we share a common experience doesn't mean that we're all going to sit by the campfire singing Kumbaya. Some of us still come accross as loving and caring, some as brusque and all business. Some of us come across as saints and others as complete a-holes. I'm just saying that if you are looking for those who are emotionally supportive, you'll find those here...along with some who tell us things in plain terms that may rub us the wrong way. If you are looking for succinct answers and want them light on the touchy-feely stuff, you can find that too. If you are looking for someone to really mix it up and you have thick skin and don't care if someone is kind of an a-hole, you'll certainly find those here too. That's something that JW's many times forget. They buy so heavily in to the "brotherly love" crap, that they loose sight of reality. Sorry, but there are plenty of a-holes, control freaks, mean people, bitches, liars, theives, drunks and all around miscreants in their congregation just as much as there are anywhere else in the world. I just think that all of us should learn this lesson and not expect more out here in this group with something in common anymore than you would anywhere else in the world.

Okay ... that's my 2 cents worth. Here's hoping that this thread doesn't get the padlock too.

• changeling
    changeling
    Sorry, but there are plenty of a-holes, control freaks, mean people, bitches, liars, theives, drunks and all around miscreants in their congregation just as much as there are anywhere else in the

And many of them end up here!

Sorry, I could not resist...

I agree with the spirit of your post.

changeling :)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Just because we share a common experience doesn't mean that we're all going to sit by the campfire singing Kumbaya.

I'm trying to visualize such a thing, and it's scary.

W

• flipper
    flipper

COON DAWG- Excellent thread by you . You make great points ! I agree with everything you say. We are all here for different reasons - I am very happy and content in my life , and I enjoy the variety we get here on JWD. Lots of us are at different positions in life , and I enjoy the variety of discussions and support we all experience here on the board

• *summer*
    *summer*

And amen to that, CoonDawg!

• beksbks
    beksbks

CoonDawg, I am offended! I take umbrage to your implications!

Not really, and unlike FF, I think we could pull off the Kumbaya thing with enough booze.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    I think we could pull off the Kumbaya thing with enough booze.

Hell yeah! I think so too! lol

Good post coondawg!

BB

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya........OOOh Lord, Kum bay ya I like the beat. Ya, I can get into that!! I second Mr Flipper's thought, then of course he's my bud.

All in all, we all have our wn little niche here , don't we? Live and let live I always say. After all, aren't we all a little more enlightened than we were when we were all duubed up??? I'm much to old and savvy to become embroiled in tit for tat picking some one else's nose. You always know what you are going to find up there.......

NMG

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I couldn't agree more.....different stoke for different folks.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Agreed coondawg,

Posters must realize that this is an anonymous forum and "everyone's welcome". We are all at different stages in out JW experience...

I'll pass on the Kumbaya and the booze....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit