Enabling - Good or Bad

by indireneed 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Old hippie says:
    ? I never saw a finer example of the "Cook book on how to ruin a marriage" than the one you are preparing

######

One can only feel sorry for Old Hippie- little does he realize that the entire concept of family happieness that wt sells destroyes families itself

when a religion teaches children that mommy or daddy will die soon along with all of Satan supporters because daddy will not sell WT books and attend the wt corp sales meetings is very sad

the avg little jw child firmly believes that god will kill daddy unless he starts coming to the sales meeting( o II'm sorry i meant Kingdom Hall)

to teach women and children that they are single parents or fatherless kids simply because one refuses to believe that the Boys in Writng Speak for God as claimed is sad

Wt teaches families over and over that unless the "unbleiver accept wt dogma" they will die and god himself will see to it that they are killed.

Old hippie this man has merely taken the time to examine wt dogma and realize that many of the wt claims simply have no bibical support like they claim. he realize that his wife is part of a High control group and that the wt has warped her value system of life itself

he knows that his wife if she had to let thier child die for a certain type of blood component would let thier child die- only to find out when they got home from the Furneral home that the new WT in the Mailbox has revealed new light and low and behold they now can take the once forbidden blood component- yet their child is dead- i guess they should have checked thier mail box daily instead of weekly

for if they had gotten their mail they would have known that Jah revealed thru his slave it's now OK TO TAKE

you see Old hippie what this man has done is what you are unwilling to do- deal with the facts about wt-

while i"m personally glad you come to this site for it shows even you don;t really believe everything coming out of brooklyn or else you wouldn;t be here as well

the difference is HE BELIEVES EVEN LESS ABOUT WT THAN YOU DO

but as always I'm glad you are at least posting

the kicker is when you come to fully understand how your position is baseless you are going to be one Pissed off dude-

do me one favor save your post for you will one day sit around with some friends and laugh at yourself for being so silly

James

• JT
    JT

aSH SAYS:

There are ways to win them over, but they are long and hard roads.

ashi

#########

it is indeed a long road to travel, but if you do it right and you ONLY GET ONE CHANCE many times it is well worth it

we got my father- in -law out and now he loves life

he couldn't figure out why he was getting the shaft so much
    now he fully understands how the SYSTEM WORKS

• JT
    JT

iNDIRENEED

i FEEL FOR YOU MAN beleive me - cause i was on the other side making folks wives like yours view you like an agent of satan himself

do me a favor email me

[email protected]

• JT
    JT

Indire need

i'm in the Wash DC area are you any where near here

if not like a said shoot me an email

setup a private noname hotmail account if you are concerned about your privacy

thanks

[email protected]

• openminded
    openminded

If it was not for the fact that I have a 6 yr old son, I would start over. I do not think a deep connection is possible between a jw and a non JW.

The bottom line is that I am the one who changed(I was raised a dub). She deserves a spiritual head of the house. I will never be the person she wants. Everything that I am is less than desirable to her because I'm part of this "wicked system" and not a "lover of Jehovah" as they say at conventions.

At this point I simply want to provide my son with a comfortable and secure household. I will continue to focus on him until he is out on his own. After that I am not sure which direction I will go, perhaps things will be different in 10 years.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Hello Roy,

My condolences on your most difficult situation. For starters I recommend the book Combating Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassen. Steve is a foremost authority on the subject of his book. Randy Watters of www.freeminds.org has worked with Steve (if my memory is correct) and may also be of some help.

Steve has a web site too, I think, and if you find him. I’m sure he will offer some help/suggestions.

My best wishes for success.

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• QuietOne
    QuietOne

Indireneed,

Making her get a job reminds me of a non-JW I knew. His reasoning was quite similar to your own... he was enabling her to go at the witness thing full force but not making her work so he made her get a job. She started to do well in her job and the plan backfired on the guy. Suddenly she had the means to support herself, couple this with the religion thing at home and pretty soon he was divorced.

This can't hold true for all cases. Pierced Angel makes clear that it was starting her own business (gaining independence) that helped her break free. I know many witnesses that don't have anything (ie. no interests, no real friends, no life) outside of the hall but most of these individuals didn't have a life before they joined.

Sometimes I think the best way to reach people is to look at the reasons why they joined. I honestly believe that you have to be missing something to get involved with the WT.

QuietOne

• Mum
    Mum

I recommend Al-Anon. I know it's for people with alcoholics in their lives, but it's basically a way to find serenity and let go when you have no control over a situation. Once you give up trying to be in control, good things often happen. If you don't go to Al-Anon meetings, I recommend buying some of their books and read them.

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit