Officially THE most twisted, appalling line of reasoning I've ever heard.

by betweenworlds 16 Replies latest jw friends

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I've just received the latest digest from the yahoo groups 'jwtalks' There is a post in it by the person who runs it. I've heard some bizarre reasoning in my time, but honestly I think this one takes the cake.

2008 DC Des Moines

Posted by: (removed to protect the identity of the 'person' in question)
    Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:01 pm (PDT)
    Someone sent me the files for the 2008 DC Des Moines Iowa.

They left off the introductions and speakers' names.
    Does anyone have the speaker list for that convention?
    Or is everyone that went there underwater and not able to read email?

It is a shame that the people in this DC are flooded out and
    underwater in that area. Maybe if their convention was this weekend,
    the holy spirit would not allowed the rains and would have kept the
    waters back to accommodate the convention.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

absolutely disgusting. I have a feeling this 'person' would be a miserable excuse for a human being no matter what religion he was, although I'm sure the witness mindset doesn't help. Soooo if that area had been having their convention, thousands of people would have been spared their homes and or lives. Wow...he and Sharon Stone would get along famously. ok...rant done.

BW

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

That is truly vile.

• Caedes
    Caedes

No matter how warped this idiot's worldview is, might I suggest not posting his profile and e-mail.

• tfjw
    tfjw

How disgusting! - but typical in many of the JWs I've met.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I've taken the info out as you have suggested.

Cheers

BW

• Caedes
    Caedes

You might like to edit out the reply buttons at the bottom of the post that link to his e-mail too.

I think you may be right that no matter which religion this person subscribed to they would still be a buffoon.

• Mary
    Mary
    It is a shame that the people in this DC are flooded out and underwater in that area. Maybe if their convention was this weekend,
    the holy spirit would not allowed the rains and would have kept the waters back to accommodate the convention.

So um, why didn't Jehovah make sure that the convention was this weekend and then send the HS out to "hold back the waters"?? You're right-----that is the dumbest line of reasoning, but considering that it's coming from a Dub, I guess it shouldn't surprise us.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

So all those people who are JWs who LIVE there or WORK there or are in the HOSPITALS that had to be evacuated...they all had to suffer because there was no District Convention this weekend???

What a twisted asshole. Apparently the presence of Kingdom Halls didnt preclude the Tsunami, the Earthquake and the Cyclone recently....duh!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That would have done no good. People are so used to superstition and non sequiturs that they will reason that, if a church or Kingdumb Hell were there, something would have been spared. Or, if a religious group were to have an assembly there, it would have made a difference.

That argument does not hold water. I wonder how many a$$emblies have had to be cancelled for tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, large fires, or blizzards. As God merely stands up and watches, expecting people to go in harm's way for His petty self's sake, He would have let them flood out and then beat up on those who wussed out and did not stay. Or, if anyone had to die, He would claim the prize in His name and use it to magnify His fxxxing name.

• booby
    booby

When Kingdom hall builds go as planned, weather is good and all are happy and jovial, a good report is issued with ghussto and Jehovah's blessing the arrangement is duly noted. When on the other hand it rains for the entire week, the volunteers tromp in the mud up to their arse, and the whole project is a major frustration for everyone involved no need to say much if anything about that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit