OK, let me explain....

by dawg 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dawg
    dawg

So, the last few threads I've written have been about telling your families and friends how you feel; many of you have given me the reasons you don't speak out to your families, but I want to tell you the main reason you should. Please let me explain....

I keep on stressing this point because how it makes you feel, I'm telling you all, that for over 19 years, I let information about my thoughts out slowly, then the tipping point... at my Uncle's funeral 2 February's ago, while listening to my family pontificate at dinner about who so and so is pioneering and the like, it hit me that I was sick to the core of them throwing their bullisi*t beliefs at me like I was inferior or something. I mean... wtf?

I realized that I was allowing myself to be abused, that's right! Abused! It's abusive how our families treat us over this religion. And do you really believe they actually believe this rubbish? Do they not have even the slightest doubt? Then I realized. They don't know... they are kept from knowing.

Books like the Proclaimer's and the like tell lies about JW history, some damned body has to tell the truth! So basically, if I was the only one that knew the truth, and I didn't tell it for whatever reason, then I was allowing my family to suffer. But get this main point here, I was also allowing my ignorant family members to try and make me feel as an inferior, that's right, an inferior for my intelligence... so the ignorant should rule, they should make the rules for the future of this family? Hell no!

And make sure you understand this point, I was sick of those foolish bastards trying to make me feel bad, for years I've suffered from depression, I've drank too much, and basically I've almost lost my mind about 100 times trying to figure out why the freaking hell they can't see reality? I WASN'T GOING TO TAKE THAT SHIT ANY LONGER, I'D HAD ENOUGH...!

Call it crazy, call me crazy, call it what you want, but something pushed me over the edge that day! It was then I became the man I am today, I started healing after I wrote those letters to my family... I had the power... don't you guys get it? If you continue to take the abuse you take from these fools, then you're just continuing the cycle, you're still letting the faithful and dumb ass slave have some amount of control of you. Take away all their freaking power, you now have that same power. Use it for the good, use it to free your family and loved ones.

When you confront a JW, you now act like it's the JW that's a fool, something wrong with them, reverse the psycology.

I'll leave with this, it does something to your personal healing if you make a stand, you know you're right, you know the JW leadership are liars... It heals you to say those words out loud, to not be afraid anymore, to not be ashamed anymore, to say what you know for a damned fact is true. It says that your thoughts are as good as any man's/wo... and god damned it they are! It's your family that's wrong... don't give them a pass when they refuse to give you one.

My mother told her sister the reason she didn't know what I've been up to is because I now live so far away that we seldom talk... that was a damned lie! A damned lie you hear me? That means she's embarrassed! That means she knows HER god damned actions are deplorable, in the recesses of her mind she knows that she's acting like a fool and she's so ashamed that she's acting that way she won't tell her baptist sister. LOL!

And what does that tell you all? It's we that have the truth is what it tells us, we that have the power and we're letting fools have that power by our silence! They are afraid of us... they are afraid of us jerking that world from under their feet, but deep inside they know, they know but fear... fear losing that happy Gilmore girl in the panties scene by the lake world they've created in their minds. And what makes it worse is they know, and yet they fear so much they can't see the beauty of it all... the absolute fact that life is a great thing, and the fact we don't know for a fact that we don't know what happens when we die doesn't make the life we have now, here and now that much more sweeter!

But they lie to their sisters rather than defend their horrific position, the position of a family member "shunning" their son because he don't buy into the rubbish the WTBTS sells... absolute shit is what they're selling! And our families know it, yes, they know it my friends.. deep inside, the rubbish they read day in and day out has to have an effect, and they fear you because you know it... and what does that mean?

It means that deep inside they know that you're right and they're wrong. If they thought they were right they'd not lie to their Baptist sisters! LOL! I don't lie when I'm freaking right, i lie when I'm wrong!

Do you all realize that we have the power to end this thing?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I love my JW family very much, I would not say anything to them about any negatives of the WTBTS. The last thing I want is shunning!

• dinah
    dinah

Dawg has a point. They use the fear of being shunned to keep some of us silent.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

If every single ex-JW in the world made a point of dropping by their family's places or the kingdom hall and telling them they're all wrong, it would reinforce their worldview to them. They would feel targeted and retreat further. You don't kill an ideology head on.

How many relatives have you helped out of the organisation using the direct approach, dawg?

Have you read any books which deal with helping cult members, like those by Steven Hassan?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    They use the fear of being shunned to keep some of us silent.

One of the reasons that the group known as Jehovah's Witnesses is clearly a cult.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Good post Dawg, I agree with alot of it.

• dawg
    dawg

Look, I'm no philosopher, and some friends came by today and we consumed great quantities of wine... but, some of my family members did come out after I wrote some of my letters.

I'm no Sigmund Freud, but I'm telling you, telling the truth makes you heal/.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hey Dawg, I kind of have a similar scenario going on right now, and I could use your advice. It doesn't involve any family, just some JW's. I am going to start a new topic on it. Read it and tell me what you think.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well I am out of topics until tomorrow morning, so it can wait, or if you want I could post it on here?

• dawg
    dawg

Please do!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit