Worship Me

by changeling 30 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    "Will you reveal Him to us, Rabbi?"

No.

That's not very helpful, Carlos.

You think all those that can't find reason to believe are hard-hearted and bitter?

Were the Hebrew prophets that mocked foreign deities hard-hearted and bitter in their disbelief or were they just showing that they considered those gods to be powerless, existing only in the imagination of their servants?

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

I didn't intend to be helpful. "Were the Hebrew prophets that mocked foreign deities hard-hearted and bitter in their disbelief or were they just showing that they considered those gods to be powerless, existing only in the imagination of their servants?"

I don't know, Nvrgnbk. I wasn't there. Why don't you tell me as "mocking" seems to be more your cup of tea. It seems strange that you would assume the modus operandi of that which you condemn.

Carlos

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    It seems strange that you would assume the modus operandi of that which you condemn.

You misunderstand, Carlos.

If the prophets of old pointed to the silence of the gods they mocked as proof of their impotence/nonexistence, and it was recorded in the Bible to strengthen faith in their god, why is the modern day silence of their god ignored as insignificant?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I wouldn't worship that straw man either.

BTS

• startingover
    startingover

Changeling

You just made my day! That's a keeper! And to think I once believed that was fact.

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

"If the prophets of old pointed to the silence of the gods they mocked as proof of their impotence/nonexistence, and it was recorded in the Bible to strengthen faith in their god, why is the modern day silence of their god ignored as insignificant?"

Silent to whom?

Carlos

• changeling
    changeling

Hey you guys! This was a happy thread!

Oh, and who wants to join us tomorrow as we worship the god of Sunday brunch!

changeling :)

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Ha! I'm with you there, Changeling!

The Sunday brunch was the only thing that made my Sundays worthwhile for a good many years (especially the ones with the Mamosas - booze for breakfast post-public-talk).

No hard feelings, OK? You do write very well...

Carlos

• changeling
    changeling

Who says diplomacy doesn't work?

changeling :)

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

If it wasn't for diplomacy, I'd have been dead a long time ago.

That and I'm a man, you're a woman...and you're talking food. Round table or square?

Carlos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit