Who of you did something like this?

by Sparkplug 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I had to giggle in a painful way. (It hurt my wallet)

My son was so excited. He was taking the last of many test for his drivers licence this week. So he wanted to take the car out for a spin and get air in a basketball and practice parking with his sister the afternoon before the morning of the last test. He just got his diploma and graduated in the top ten pecent of his class! He is on top of the world! So I said yes, for in the morning he gets licenced and has been doing really good at practicing things like driving to the corner store, etc...

So I am sitting here getting my hair braided and I think my braider is getting a drink of water when she comes in and tells me to put on a hat and hurry up, for I need to address something serious. Very serious. Damn if the boy has not backed up into the neighbors car and took out his front fender and dinged the dor at the seam.

I get outside and my girl is mouthing in slow motion...OH F$%k!! over and over and he has his hands on his face and is beat red and mouthing OH SH$T! On full volume and both in slow mothion. One rocking side to side and one rocking front to back.

The neighbor was cool and will let him pay for the damages. Meaning I Pay and he has to pay me back in full. Yeah...we will see how well that works.

He still passed the test, but he sure has been a great son and taking garbage fool. Vaccuuming and sweeping, dishes, calling to check if he can stay out later and what not.

Amazing, I should have let him ding a door sooner!

Anyhow, I could not even get mad it was so damn funny! I remember when my mom let me take the car out to practice and I backed her red and white Arrow with all leather souped up car into a fence. Busted out the lights and swore it was just like that. I don't think I ever have owned up to that to her. EEEPS!

But I know she knew. And she did not yell at me, so I figured I aught to pay this one forward.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Too old to spank - ever consider beating him with a baseball bat?

Just a little dub coming out of me... it's over now... must resist urge to beat children....

• PEC
    PEC

Life goes on.

Philip

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it's just a car, your son sounds like a great kid. Top 10% of his class - congratulations on raising a great kid. I did something similar when I first had my license - took my eyes off the car in front of me and didn't see it stop. Hit it over the fender and punched a hole in the car. All I could say was "oh no oh no oh no" The driver of the other car took pity on me, never reported it to the insurance company, my mother never knew.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    "oh no oh no oh no"

That is Great!!

I had to laugh! My son kept telling me this is not an example of how he sis going to drive! LOL I give him another month with this denial. Oh my it is still so sad and funny and I am glad nobody was hurt. I do know that he took the car to the Store at a full tank and came back with a half tank. So now I am going to have to mark the mileage. Kids...I tell you...Kids. That is 25 bucks there kiddo, good kid or not, he is getting a job this week! I love him, but he is soooo getting a job!

• changeling
    changeling

It's a rite of passage.

changeling :)

• wings
    wings

OMG...yes....many, many times. I taught 5 kids how to drive.

The good thing in all this was not having it on his record. Seems like he learned a valuable lesson, and gave you a slow motion memory. LOL

pay it forward...good mom....why do we have to run into things our whole life??

wings

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You have a great attitude. Be prepared for many more "dings" in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit