10 Years!!

by Soledad 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

This month marks 10 years since I sent in an "estimados hermanos" letter to my local kingdom hall, telling them to leave me the *&&^ alone. 10 years of freedom from the cult!!

I've been criticized a lot in the past for writing the letter and playing "their game." But I tell you what, there has never been a single day of regret in this past decade. Never, not even once! I was so happy to slam that book down and shut it tight, lock it up and throw away the key!

A lot of crap has happened to me during this time, it hasn't all been peachy. There are still some things, believe it or not, that I have to yet overcome. Being born in a cult can really mess you up in the head......

Simultaneously, I am putting an end to a 7 year hellish marriage. Another chapter in my life that is now closing. It seems that every year that ends in an 8 brings on some big changes for me: I was baptized in 88, DAd in 98, and now divorced in 08!

The journey has been incredible and I feel that the best is yet to come!!

bring on 2018!! looking forward to it

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

Good for you! After being in 'da cult' things can only get better... you have a pm...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Keep it on the good foot Soledad!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Wow... 1878, 1918 and 1938 were marked years in Bible prophecy too..... Maybe you're onto something.

Do you really live in NY? Maybe you should celebrate with the ExJW NYC meetup group this Saturday? We're eating Cuban...

A@G

• noni1974
    noni1974

Congrats!!! My 10 years is in August of this year. Ten years out and 3 years on the boards.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I am still at 1 year.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Congrats!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Congradulations on your 10 yr freedom, with many happy days ahead .

bring on 2018!! looking forward to it

Got some great plans for 2018?

h4o

• caliber
    caliber

I applaud your bravery, I am sure that indeed there is a feeling of great freedom. I think that is the point though, none of us should judge

timing and circumstances for when others leave and how they leave.

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit