Musings of a Proud Dad

by ChuckD 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Aww Chuck! What a proud dad you are and you have reason to be! Good for your son. And good for you to be wise about your initial reaction. You sound like a great dad!

You may have already done this, but tell your son you're proud of him. I know there have been times in my life that Dad was proud of me, but he never told me. I grew up thinking he didn't care. I've since found out from other people that Dad was proud of me on several occasions because he told them so. But he has yet to tell me. Of course, now that I'm DFed he'll never say anything good to me.

So take the time to tell your son 'thank you' and 'I'm proud of you'...I can guarantee it - he NEEDS and WANTS to hear it!

Andi

• JeffT
    JeffT

Congratulatins. That is really great.

How great it is to see our kids doing something more meaningful than washing windows.

• Tina
    Tina

Congrats and well done chuck and out!!!!
    Indeed,something to be very proud of!!!!! I have a brilliant son at uni as well....3rd yr now. Criminal Justice major....at UIC.
    (((((((billy)))))))) I am very proud of you sweetheart! The intelligence,insight and compassion you display in your posts are totally awesome!!! You rock! luv,tina

Jehovahs Witnesses,Proudly Serving Their Corporate Masters!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Tina))))) Thank you mom! BTW - I love your new pic! Very sexy!

Andi

• Englishman
    Englishman

Chuck,

Ah, how great to see a Dad proud of his sons abilities rather than be proud of how many hours he spends knocking on doors.

You must feel grand.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit