Violations of privacy re: postal mail by JWs

by Dogpatch 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Perhaps you should use initials, Randy, so that no one knows who you are. This would solve this problem!

• sinis
    sinis

Randy, have you ever thought about putting this on the front and back of your packages:

WARNING: Whoever steals, takes or abstracts any letter, postal card, or package; or obstructs correspondence, or pries into the business or secrets of another, or opens, secretes, embezzles, or destroys the same shall be fined or imprisoned not more than five years, or both, under United States Federal Criminal Code, Title 18 USC 1702, and Title 18 USC 1708.

• ramon
    ramon

It looks like they have also hacked into Rick Fearon's telephone conference. He deleted the part where they really messed it up. It was the one where Bill Bowen and his wife were interviewed. That part came through pretty well, but the second part was messed up and Rick as said deleted it. I was on that night and several of us commented on how wrong this was. I believe it violated Federal law. So why don't you and Rick lodge complaints with the U.S. Attorney General's office?

• StAnn
    StAnn

got a private PM about a JW police officer breaking confidence also, sick.

Randy

Are Dubs allowed to be police officers now? One in my cong. had to give up his job in the early 70s when the GB decided they couldn't have jobs carrying guns, because they may take a life.

Regardless, the conduct you describe is appalling. I'm sure it falls under the heading of "theocratic warfare."

StAnn

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

If anyone but you opens your mail, then it is a felony offense (federal that is) don't put up with their crap, call the local postal police and tell them what you suspected happened. They will investigate and bring charges against anyone intercepting "your" mail. Don't let it go call the postal authorities and let them take the necessary action. People need to learn religious reasoning doesn't trump federal, state, or even local laws.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

My situations are years old, folks.

Obviously I take care to pack my things the way they are going to be used, and with discretion. Not a fool after 25 years of shipping. :-))

Randy

• wednesday
    wednesday

I knew someone who ordered one of the "apostate" books from an online book store. and got ratted out by a guess a super righteous online stocker, i guess. . who knew. these people are everywhere, ON duty and ready to leap tall buildings and fighting for Jehovah.

OK, I'm checking to see if a lightning bolt hit me. he he

• VM44
    VM44

SImply shows that Jehovah's Witnesses are not for free inquiry.

They actually act as if they are in a cult or something!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Many over the years have told me how family members threw away or destroyed their "Crisis of Conscience" especially! LOL

Randy

• buckster
    buckster

They often justify their actions with their fantasy of righteousness. Fairy tale perspective for their own sense of right.

I'm not suprised. Its just so pathetic that they say things are lies but they fear it. So what they are really admitting with their actions is that they don't believe that Jehovah can handle matters for them so they should steal what others have paid for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit