Did/Does God answer your prayers?

by song19 36 Replies latest jw friends

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I think love is way more powerful than prayer.

• sspo
    sspo

Never beleived in prayer even as a dub even though i prayed every day. it was just a routine.

• odie67
    odie67

my prayers that i have in my heart silently have been answered but not the verbal ones from my lips.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Verily I say that He does hear prayer but I ask why did not the screams of 900 school children in China get answered. Oh LORD do we deserve that???

• mistorie
    mistorie

I had a crap life growing up as a jdub. I lived in violent abuse inside my immediate family that carried over into extended family. No one loved or cared about each other and yet there we sat side by side at every meeting. I prayed for everyone but myself. And, still, the violence and psychological abuse never stopped. Still, I persisted insisting to myself that one day it would all be better. It was that stupid, false hope that kept me praying for all those a-holes. How could I have actually thought that it would have been any better in a paradise world with those idiots? Needless to say, I haven't prayed for a very long time. Not for me and not for anyone else. I prefer to stand on my own two feet and help the good things along in life. I take the good with the bad and live every day free from the thought that I need to thank some faceless being in the sky for who I am and the life I have made for myself. In short, I'm happier without that god.

• shamus100
    shamus100

100% not.

I did everything I could, and it was never enough. I may as well have been worshipping a rodent. When's easter again???

• JK666
    JK666

Hell, I don't know.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit