wearing very comfortable clothes after each day of the District Assembly

by asilentone 30 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

Suppose a JW decided to change clothes to very comfortable clothes after each day at the District Assembly, how would the elders react?

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

asilentone: What do you mean by "very comfortable"?

• JK666
    JK666

Let me slip into something more comfortable . . .

JK

• asilentone
    asilentone

wearing shorts, etc...

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I think I remember some information from one of those pre-convention inserts in the Kingdom Ministry's or was it Kingdom Service? It changed once or twice in the early 80''s anyway....they said something like this: "when the sessions were over and we returned to our hotels.....we still represented Jehovah and his organization.....so be mindful of how you dress after the sessions each day". More than likely some intolerent elders were hipervigualant about it in their policing powers however, I observed that many of the elders families were the ones that really dressed down after the sessions....

• brokenperfection
    brokenperfection

Its simple: Elders families have to look 'good' at all times no matter what. But when they get home they get the baggy pants on. For your information im a Elders Daughter and you know what comes with that is that you always have to look good. It really is a job looking good for your Elder dad. Im getting tired just talking about it.

• asilentone
    asilentone

thechickennest, the WT has a new policy that JW cannot change their clothes! They will have to wear suit and tie the whole assembly!

• amicus
    amicus

They still have District Assemblies? Doesn't the net eliminate the need for everyone to *physically* travel to one location to receive pertinent information?

Sheesh, and especially with the current fuel shortage...my neighbors are doing everying they can to CONSERVE fuel...I'm sure the WTBTS is advising the same...the info just must not have filtered down yet.

OR! Perhaps they struck oil the WT Farm and it's yet to be announced.

Orrrr, they can't humble themselves enough yet to admit the Mormon bicycles beat them by a few years.

• asilentone
    asilentone

no offense, amicus, you are highjacking my thread, we are talking about wearing clothes after each day of the assembly. Thank you!

• White Dove
    White Dove
    I know that if that policy was in effect when I was a kid, my mom would ignore it and choose comfort over pomp.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit