Feeling really sad and missing my family.

by Aphrodite 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

I really feel I have no one to turn to who understands other than you guys of course. I'm just really sad and crying a lot and missing my whole extended familly who are all witnesses. I basicly have me My husband and two kids and my 2 sisters who are out. Thank god for them. I live over 1000kms from my sisters though so we only keep in touch via email and phone calls.

My dad I have not really had contact with since he was disfellowshipped and I told him Jehovah would be my father at 14 years old. Those wounds will never heal for him it seems.

Several of my witness family members have my space accounts and so I can see what they are doing etc. I just feel so cut off from everyone and sad, sad, sad.

Bleak.

I'm sorry guys, I just needed to let someone know. Now I feel like going out and getting shitfaced. lol

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through (((((((((((((((Aphrodite)))))))))))))))))))) We are here for you! If you want some support, you can PM me. Take care!

• Balsam
    Balsam

Aphrodite,

I am sorry to hear your ex-jw dad has never forgiven you for your 14 year old outburst. He should know that young people say all kinds of things and often change their mind when they get older. Have you tried to repair the relationship since you got out? It is hard you need to continue coming here, we'll do our best to become your family now. I've been cut off from ones I love too through they are not my immediate family it still hurts to see the cruel behavior they exhibit toward ones they see as disfellowshipped or out. We all were encouraged to shun ones who are not active, I'm guilty of it too when I was a witness. Today we know better but we used to do it too.

I know your very thankful for you husband, kids and sisters. Love them continue to reach out to your dad since your out.

Warm hugs.

Ruth

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Hang in there. There are many ones here that can offer a word of comfort.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Hi:

Sorry to hear of your circumstances. Sometimes we just have to take the bad days with the better days.

Just wanted to say I hope that you are not falling victim to the shunning. You are feeling just how our former family members still in want you to feel. It's sick. It's enough to make a perfectly sane person want to get "shitfaced" Hope you can mend some fences with your father if you feel that would be appropriate. How easy it is to become toxic when we dwell too much on those we miss that are still in.

Hang in there. You just have to know that you have not done anything wrong in the choices that you have made.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Thankyou all, I had a little chat with my sis on messenger and we decided we don't need them anyway with the attitude they have. Im feeling a little better now.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

sisters can help. My sister, although she lives far away, is a great help. We email and call each other.

• amicus
    amicus

"Thankyou all, I had a little chat with my sis on messenger and we decided we don't need them anyway with the attitude they have. Im feeling a little better now. " Ha! Glad you said it, before I had time to do so. Now I don't feel so much like the heartless beast. This life isn't always easy, people aren't always kind. Find the good, split from the bad. Just like gardening. Well except for squash though...real dilemma that one is.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I had a little chat with my sis on messenger and we decided we don't need them anyway with the attitude they have. Im feeling a little better now.

Well I'm glad you talked to your sister when you felt so blue, but if it happens again you can certainly call me or I can call you!

I'm not the best poet by far, but I hope I brought a slight smile.

Keep your chin up,

hope4others

• milligal
    milligal

Sorry you are so down right now. My sister lives five states away but we talk on the phone everyday, she's df'd too. It will start to feel better, give it time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit