New Official WTS Website Includes Something Fishy?

by MadApostate 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

HOME PAGE URL:

. http://www.jwrelief.org/hrc/mainpage/home.htm

This website was evidently set up to milk all the PR the WTS can get for doing what they should be doing anyway (except not letting the right hand know what the left hand is doing.)

Note that the Houston Mayor (brother of a JW) visited the hq, qnd paid lots of compliments.

NOW, notice the question form the FAQ Page, which I bolded below. "Appears" that the WTS may be getting compensated for the Brothers' efforts:

FAQ PAGE URL:

• updates •
    • FAQs •
    • stories •
    •news videos•
    • links •

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: Can I take a tour of the office facilities?
    A: Tours will be given 9:00 a.m. — 9:00 p.m., seven days per week.The office is located at 4660 Timber Pines, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77041; Phone (281) 4 JW-HELP.

Q: Can I donate clothing, appliances or other items? If so, how?
    A: Contact the Relief Coordinator (Presiding Overseer) in your congregation. Request a donation form, return it to him, and you will be contacted. Note that no clothing donations are needed at this time.

Q: What is his role?
    A:
    To personally assist each flood victim in his congregation.
    To coordinate the congregations' participation in all phases of the relief work.
    To monitor the repair progress of the homes in the congregation.
    To coordinate assistance to neighboring congregations if possible.

Q: What should I do with my FEMA or insurance check?
    A: Contact the Government Aid & Insurance Department at (281) 4 JW-HELP. Paul Besheer is the overseer and Cecil King is the assistant overseer.

Q: What if I am not legally a citizen of the U.S., can I still apply for government assistance?
    A: Yes, if you have a child born in the U.S., you are legally eligible to apply, FEMA is encouraging all to make application. Contact Paul Besheer or Cecil King at (281) 4 JW-HELP.

Q: Can I donate money directly to the Houston Relief Committee?
    A: You may donate funds to "Watchtower" and mark the check memo "For Disaster Relief Fund" and deposit in your congregation's contribution box, or you may send a check payable to Houston Relief Committee 2001 and mail to: Houston Relief Committee 2001, P.O. Box 800965, Houston, Texas 77280-0965.

Q: When will the work begin on my house?
    A: Contact your Congregation Relief Coordinator or Congregation Liaison at the Relief Office at (281) 4 JW-HELP.

Q: FEMA wants an estimate of repairs and a timetable to rebuild. Can someone help me?
    A: Contact the Government and Insurance Department at (281) 4 JW-HELP.

Q: How do I get in contact with FEMA?
    A: 1-800-462-9029

Q: How do I Volunteer?
    A: Contact your Relif Coordinator and request a volunteer application.

Copyright © 2001 Jehovah's Witnesses Houston Relief Committee 2001. All rights reserved

• Farkel
    Farkel

They even copyright their FAQ on relief efforts? Geeeeeeesssh!!

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• sf
    sf

Really MD? Fishy?

< http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=FEMA+Watchtower+Bible&n=20&hc=0&hs=0

sKally, happy trails

wcrestnpeace

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Maybe someone should drop this Reporter a note to check to see how many FEMA & Insurance $$$$$ went to the WTS for the volunteer work performed by individual JWs.

. http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/storm2001/1057493

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

I guess I'm a little surprised that noone has commented on this new fundraising scheme dreamed up by some fairly smart cookies at Bethel.

It appears that the WTS is now taking advantage of the Quickbuild Program as a $$$$ maker. Rather than allow JWs affected by disasters to spend insurance and government grant/loan $$$$ with local contractors, the WTS sends in the QBers to do the work, and $$$$ that would ordinarily be spent on labor now is "donated" to the WTS.

Pretty slick!

They work the local media for PR as Good Sams, and quietly pocket the $$$$.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is obviously a scam.Is it illegal,or has WBTS found another way to slip between the cracks of the system.If this is illegal individuals could be charged...OUTLAW

• one
    one

somehow, more money will be going to the NGO in Brooklyn

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/11/20/bush.homeless/index.html

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Actually, perhaps it should be FAAQ, as in 'Frequently asked allowable questions'.

HS

• outnfree
    outnfree

Seems fishy to me!

7/24/01 Relief Guidelines
    -Help those in need
    -Repair homes to livable condition
    -Focus is to restore flood damaged homes
    -Not all can be replaced – FEMA condemned ?
    -Individuals are under no obligation to contribute insurance funds to Relief effort – may need funds for other necessities e.g. food, clothing, etc.
    ARE they using Quick-build volunteers? Certainly sounds like it. Although this perplexed me:

“We drove a long way, but it’s well worth it,” said Jesse Galamantez, a welder from Big Spring, Texas. Galamantez was among a group of about 30 Witnesses from Big Spring, San Angelo and Abilene, Texas who drove seven to ten hours one way
    to help with drywall repairs one recent weekend.
    I thought the QB people used the skills they already have[/i] at quick builds.

Is anyone here interested enough to investigate or have experience with FEMA?

Personally, I'm a bit under the weather just now and not up for it, plus I have that big meal to cook tomorrow...

But I am ROFLMAO at all the Houston area 'friends' who will have the same carpets and cabinetry and such installed in their homes that immediately announce to anyone in the know: "THIS HOUSE WAS REBUILT AFTER THE FLOODS OF 2001"!

In a warehouse in northwest Houston, materials are organized house by house. Carpet is even pre-cut at the warehouse so volunteers need only lay it. Such minute care assures that materials and funds are not wasted, Peter said.

Flood victims choose from a limited number of carpet colors and cabinets, Peter said. Or, if they purchase their own materials, volunteers will install the choices.

Kinda like how you know when a KH was built by the colors of the carpets and the types of chairs you're seated in.

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ..."
    -- SOMEBODY TO LOVE[/i], Darby Slick

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I can't believe that an organisation can be so hypocrite. Now that a lot of people know who they really are, they are trying to appear as an organisation who help the population.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit