Current elder explains the college situation to me

by changeling 23 Replies latest jw friends

• llbh
    llbh

This is all about control always has been. Control of ideas, thinking, women, thinking women.

I loathe it with a passion.

Np change on thier part then

Regards

David

• JK666
    JK666

You are correct changeling,

This is very subjective, and can be manipulated any way the BOE decides locally. It will probably shake out as a sexist thing, after all, all good JW women are supposed to get married early, and support their husbands. So the men may get an education, but the women are screwed.

Makes me want to

JK

• yknot
    yknot
    2- An elder's daughter attends college in the hopes of having a good job in the future and Dad promotes this course of action. This elder will be deleted.

And yet the WTS whores parades out Carolyn Wah tons to show 'equality'

Carolyn R Wah -Rutgers University.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Well once you're promoting ignorance as a virtue, its not much of a leap to start making it contingent on the posession of a Penis. Its actually pretty elegant, you can't mistake a penis so it won't be too confusing. The stately Penis, another of Jehovah's loving provisions. We are thankful for these useful intruments of divine guidance, are we not?! (*applause*) It has been brung. Bring_the_Light

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I find this really hard to stomach. Maybe the WT should write a WT study called "keep em barefoot and pregnant".

• oompa
    oompa

well my direct mailer going out to all congos for a steep discount at Oompaveristy will surely be a hit now!!!.............oompa

and it is a very special school...with a huge fleet of short buses

• JK666
    JK666

Oompa,

I know you, you are just in this for the coed dorms.

JK

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

<sarcasm> Well, what's wrong with all of you?! Don't you know that if you're female, you're inferior, the "weaker vessel," created as only as an afterthought, created for a man, an emotional mess with the intellect of a child, and only meant to be submissive? Education for females?! Bah! The only work fit for us is 1) submission to men, 2) the bOrg, 3) the drudgery of pioneering, and 4) scullery maids. </sarcasm>

Sorry to go on a feminist toot there. Actually no I'm not. This is one aspect of the JWs and all other Abrahamic faiths that really turn my stomach; i.e. the "role" of women.

• oompa
    oompa
    lady zombie: Sorry to go on a feminist toot there.

no apology needed girl..I am ALL for the womens movement.......especially when I am walking behind it!.............oomps

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's sad that the general decision making will be subjective to the local BOE. I've seen contradictory decisions made over the years. I live in a rather liberal area. I feel sorry for those who don't

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit