Are we DESTROYING society through a false sense of SELF-ESTEEM

by Terry 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin
    Your right Quentin. It was very arrogant of me to set up my own standards for the discussion and then insist Terry measure up to them. What nerve!

Praise the gods...you have seen the light...isn't wonderfull?...you can still be my advocate, though...I need to be protected from my self lest, I fall victum to any old ideaology that comes along....fliting like a dragonfly from place to place....

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

::We live in a society composed of competing values. One value (which has worked its way into the PUBLIC school system) uses Political Correctness to address perceived problems. Another value (private school) allows kids with learning disabilities or other problems to receive special teachers (trained to do this job) attention without those same teachers removing thier attention from normative classmates. (Because the school is only designed for the disability student.)::

Terry are you aware of the cost of sending children to private schools with teachers? Do you know that by LAW if the public school does not accommodate children with learning disabilities they have to foot the bill to send the child to one of these private schools? (that includes transportation)

IF they were to do that with every child with special needs you wouldn't have to worry about what is going on in your local public school as it won't have the funds to function.

Why don't you take your dazzling intellect and run for the School Board and jump in with some solutions to the DESTRUCTION OF SOCIETY VIA THE FALSE SENSE OF SELF-ESTEEM?

Or you can just continue to be another hot air balloon lobbing criticisms from the sideline.

Cheers.

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry are you aware of the cost of sending children to private schools with teachers? Do you know that by LAW if the public school does not accommodate children with learning disabilities they have to foot the bill to send the child to one of these private schools? (that includes transportation)

IF they were to do that with every child with special needs you wouldn't have to worry about what is going on in your local public school as it won't have the funds to function.

Why don't you take your dazzling intellect and run for the School Board and jump in with some solutions to the DESTRUCTION OF SOCIETY VIA THE FALSE SENSE OF SELF-ESTEEM?

Or you can just continue to be another hot air balloon lobbing criticisms from the sideline. Terry are you aware of the cost of sending children to private schools with teachers? Do you know that by LAW if the public school does not accommodate children with learning disabilities they have to foot the bill to send the child to one of these private schools? (that includes transportation)

Or you can just continue to be another hot air balloon lobbing criticisms from the sideline.

Each community has its own strategy. School Districts are, after all, made up of people of all persuasions, philosophies and acumen.

In some school districts there are teachers and faculty who achieve fantastic results because they do something different.

The schools with progress, good ideas and a winning strategy could serve as models to the other schools.

My son went to a school that accepted students with special learning needs. I've never seen teachers so dedicated in my life! They bent over backwards to find first this way and then another way until just the right plan emerged to get my son to the point where he could graduate.

A public school doesn't have the time (nor should it be asked to) to shower extra precious teacher/student time on somebody who subtracts from the other functioning student's time.

Surely you can see the practicality of this.

When I undertook to bring children into this world (I have 7) I committed myself to doing whatever was necessary to provide them with the opportunity to succeed in life. Yes, private school is more expensive than public school. But, the results are worth the extra work and the temporary reorganizing of one's priorities in spending.

I'm not declaring to the world at large that they MUST do what I do. I don't have all the answers, surely. But, should I keep my mouth shut when I see a problem that could benefit from discussion and the contribution of other minds and other experiences?

If you think what I am saying in the discussion is without merit--give your better ideas and we'll all be working toward the same goal of a better life for our kids (and, incidentally, a better society as a result.)

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Who paid for that special school?

• Terry
    Terry
    Who paid for that special school?

Myself, my wife, financial aid.

http://www.hillschool.org/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit