How Will the Court Deal With Deceit?

by compound complex 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

A lie is a false statement made by one to another one who is entitled to hear and to know the truth, and which false statement tends to work injury to the other.

Asilentone:

I believe the point being made is that if we fail to tell the truth to an individual who needs to know it, we could do him harm - work injury to him - by withholding information or by deliberately lying to him.

"To work injury" is simply an expression which may be peculiar to the WT. I'll have to check that out ...

Thanks,

CoCo

• asilentone
    asilentone

Thank you, CoCo, I will be looking forward to what you find out more about what the WT mean by the 2 words "work injury"

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

"All's fair in love and war."

The Theocratic Warfare doctrine (Theocratic Warfare Strategy) may not be an invention of the watchtower society, but its use has been maximized by it. There are so few Witness martyrs anymore because you can lie right to an opposer's face and escape his wrath.

And people say Jehovah's Witnesses don't fight in wars. The very idea!

They even get the kids involved.

Carlos

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you:

Asilentone and Carlos

I appreciate your replies.

CoCo

• asilentone
    asilentone

For anyone following this thread, take a look at Atlantis latest thread about "to work injury". Thanks!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks again, Asilentone!

bttt - looking forward to news about the Hughes case/20 June ...

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

By instructing Witness kids to testify in court to say the opposite of what they are really taught to believe, the Watchtower Society requires them to engage in a form of double-talk that most people would consider lying. And unless the youngsters are to consciously see themselves as liars, they must also engage in doublethink, the mental gymnastics described in George Orwell’s novel … where people are forced by a totalitarian society to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies. (ibid.)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you know this is really appalling. It teaches children to say what they think someone wants to hear, to live double lives, to disrespect law and the courts. It would make for some really confused or twisted children.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I am uncertain how custody case matters and the deceit used therein ties in with the "mature minor" case involving Lawrence.

The only connection is deceit and treachery but all the quotes and references here pertain to custody cases.

The deceit in the Hughes case is the misrepresentation of Watchtower lawyers in representing both the mother and daughter (potential conflicting best interests).

June 20th decision will be very interesting and potentially shattering to the Society's operating procedures in legal matters.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Hortensia, you are making a very good point about confused or twisted children!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit