Misleading advice at the Hall.

by edmond dantes 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sasha
    Sasha

40 years ago it was "MARRY IN THE LORD" only....they meant they're Lord, of course...meaning only some other JW!

• odie67
    odie67

i was engaged to marry and i was about 19 yrs old (virgin) i'm working in service with this older sister and this is what she said

sister: "how do you know if he'll fit?"

me: "huh?"

sister: " i know sisters who have that problem"

me: "um i don't know what you're talking about"

sister: "everyone is not compatible"

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Ah but what about a "looker " with a really nasty personality?

Met several and ran away from them.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

"Go for someone spiritual"!! What they really meant was, date someone who is a mindless follower of others. My ex put on a show, she would aux-pioneer, but I knew her heart wasn't in it. She did it to impress others, not cause she sincerely wanted to. She was a victim of too much oppression and control. Oppression and control from the two sources she put the most trust in; her parents, and her 'faith'. When I began 'courting' her, she was a dysfunctional broken assemblage, not that I was any better, for we both had yet to develop our own independence.

• MrsBee
    MrsBee

This makes sense, my husband is always saying looks fade .. Im like Im 33 and I look Great ! LOL ..

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    Marry whoever you have that "animal" feeling for, no matter what he or she, looks like.

What happens when that ‘animal feeling' gives you the feeling that the other person is a rhino…..??

• AnneB
    AnneB

The C.O. told our congregation "marry someone more spiritual than yourself".

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Marry in the "lard"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit