Conventions

by Nancy Drake 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I'm interested in attending a Jehovah's Witness Convention this year. Is there a listing of sites, particularly in Wisconsin?

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Maybe I should clarify that I'm not going for my "spiritual needs." I just want to take my boyfriend and show him that I'm not making this all up. It would be cool to sing praises to Jehovah one more time, though.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

That's okay just don't get him "hooked."

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I think seeing the aftershocks of what made his girlfriend crazy will not get him "interested."

Seriously, though, I can't find a schedule for 2008 conventions anywhere on the internet! Help! Somebody has to know! I think I missed the one in Wisconsin, but I'm wondering if there is one in the Chicago area...

• OnTheWayOut
  • blondie
    blondie

The only one in Wisconsin was May 23-25 in Green Bay. Most other WI congregations are assigned to DeKalb Illinois on one of the various weekends.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I can't believe I forgot to thank everyone for their help with this!

Thank you!!!

• carla
    carla

So did you take him? The Green Bay one has 'Monk's' (Tony Shaloub) brother sometimes doing some sort of talk. I dunno, my jw came home from one one year and all the jw's were thoroughly star struck and it was the talk of the convention. I don't know if the recent ones also had him, my pointing out the hypocricy of being star struck, struck my jw mute now.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Hi Carla,

No, we didn't make it this year, but I plan to crash one next year. I thought it would be fun to show my boyfriend how I was raised. I don't know anything about the "monk" brother...I guess I'm really out of the loop when it comes to all the juicy dub gossip...

Nice to meet you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit