Did other Brothers critisize you for your "meterial things." My big T.V!

by Witness 007 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• brinjen
    brinjen

My uncle bought me my first computer, in 1993. Nothing fancy, just a 286 with an EGA screen, outdated even then. I was lectured by an elder that I should maybe think about selling it and using the funds to buy myself a car instead... It was a 286 for crying out loud! The look that elder gave me when, a couple of years later, upgraded it to a 486 was priceless.

Another brother in my congregation owned a Jag. He painted houses for a living, saw it in someone's backyard one day and they offered to sell it to him cheap. He took a couple of years restoring it gradually and in the end wound up with a damn nice car for under $10,000 (but worth several times that). He figured for his time he got in return a good, reliable car that didn't guzzle the fuel and a source of equity should he ever need it. He got hounded for that too... He may "stumble" someone.

• oompa
    oompa

They hated my big stuff too dammit....but they were envious.......and we were in a steam sauna btw.............oompa

• New light for you
    New light for you

they're all just jealous that they didn't go to college, so didn't get good paying jobs and cant buy the stuff.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It's a continual game of less than/more than. To make themselves feel "more" or superior, they have to make you feel "less" so they make comments like that. I think that lots of JWs have a lot of envy, and also like to put people in the wrong.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

NO! They never did. I never had shit but expendable income LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit